Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

JUSTICE LEAGUE OPENING WEEKEND (WEDNESDAY-SUNDAY)

R$46.4m : a fantastic way to start, Thor Ragnarok is likely to be passed pretty fast, maybe by Sunday :o

3 million admissions! Yes, that's the first movie to do it. Sure, it got an additional day but still it's an accomplishment :)

• Like 1

Let's not forget Thor Ragnarok, still gaining ground with $27.4m, meaning it's around R$89m. It won't be easy to reach R$100m but it's still possible...let's see if the legs are good, with no new blockbuster coming out before The Last Jedi it can pull it out.

THOR RAGNAROK went from R$10.9m grossed during the weekend preceding Justice League to R$4.8m this last weekend.

So the fall is obvious but I expected worse, R$100m now seems unlikely to be reached though, something between 92-95m seems more realistic.

Still, it's far beyond Thor 2's 65m so it's a real success for Marvel :)

• Like 3

According to Adorocinema's numbers Justice League didn't reach 3 million admissions : 2.68m admissions on Sunday (counting previews).

If you take into account it benefited from an additional day then it's not an all-time prowess, it makes it one of the best with Avengers 2, Civil War and Furious 7 but not better.

Impossible to say if it can beat the all-time record, the legs will be crucial.

12 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

According to Adorocinema's numbers Justice League didn't reach 3 million admissions : 2.68m admissions on Sunday (counting previews).

If you take into account it benefited from an additional day then it's not an all-time prowess, it makes it one of the best with Avengers 2, Civil War and Furious 7 but not better.

Impossible to say if it can beat the all-time record, the legs will be crucial.

2.744 admits, went over 3m on Monday and its now just under 4m

• Like 5

3 weeks without competition for Justice League and Thor 3, it will be very beneficial for both, they can coexist.

The Last Jedi will kill Thor in 3 weeks while JL will strongly decline before dying in January.

I feel Jumanji and Coco will surprise :)

Interesting trends in Brazil in local currency :

July was stagnant in terms of growth

August strongly declined

September slightly increased

October got a pretty strong increase

November is having a very strong increase.

The weakness of the market this summer was just temporary, not a long term trend.

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Did Mockingjay Raphael get suspended or something? I thought he would be here celebrating Justice League's record breaking numbers.

Didn't see him since that day he attacked me. He probably didn't like my harsh answer.

• Like 1

WB's JUSTICE LEAGUE hit #1 again internationally this weekend with $72M in 66 markets, $309M total. CHI ($83M) BRA ($25M) MEX ($18M) UK ($16M) KOR ($12M) FRA ($10M) OZ ($10M) RUS ($9M) INDO ($9M) PHIL ($8M)

Brazil is JL's second biggest OS market, which is pretty incredible :o

And I can't believe I saw right through it with my $25m prediction, I really understand this market well after so many years :)

And RTH was right as well, sorry @scabab :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, Brazil embraced Justice League. Sellouts today again.  It's performing reslly, really good. 

Let's hope it will keep being leggy, I'm not so sure about being the highest-grossing movie ever, adding $11m since the OW seems too low to do that, but can at least expect to see it in the top 5.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

Let's hope it will keep being leggy, I'm not so sure about being the highest-grossing movie ever, adding $11m since the OW seems too low to do that, but can at least expect to see it in the top 5.

Thor 3, on the other hand, passed the R$90m mark, far ahead of Thor 2, also a real success for Marvel.