Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Overseas, THE AVENGERS scored another $56M this weekend. Top Int'l territories: UK - $73M, CHINA - $69M, MEX - $56M, BRA - $51M, KOR - $47M

I thought it would be able to get 1m~2m more in brazil during the last week, but still great numbers. Anyway, actuals were a bit different from last weekend estimates, 43.9m total and not 44.6m, so it would need a really small drop to reach 53~54 million by Sunday. Avengers will lose some 3D screen because of MiB and will start to have bigger drops, but it's still possible to outgross Avatar.

according to our media Avengers just crossed the 50M mark, the film grossed more than 104M in reais, and its now the number one film in Brazil box office history.

in local currency? what about Titanic?

There's something off with these numbers. The Avengers didn't make $62,5m in Brazil... yet.

The Avengers has grossed 59.111.755,44 so far. But it's still going very strong, it made 1.970.333,94, at third position, losing the second spot for SWHM, which couldn't take MIB3 out of the first spot. Also just a sign of how much people can expect of Madasgascar 3 DOM, Madasgascar 3 couldn't take the 3rd spot from The Avengers, making less than a half of what The Avengers did.

The Avengers shouldn't have no problem breaking $62,5m though, it's still going pretty strong here. We're talking just about the weekend numbers here.

Edited by iJackSparrow

Thats weird, I remember the press proclaiming Eliite Squad 2 the number one at the box office.

That's because the Real depreciated against the dollar, so Elite Squad beat Titanic in Real while losing in Dollars. Edited by Tower

Thats weird, I remember the press proclaiming Eliite Squad 2 the number one at the box office.

Of course, I always talk about US dollars. Local list is probably headed by Elite Squad, but Titanic has contributed the most to OS grosses. The changing exchange rates against dollar makes very frequently that a movie which is the highest grosser in a local currency, not to contribute as many as other just because that local currency has depreciated its value against dollar. There are too many cases everywhere.

There's something off with these numbers. The Avengers didn't make $62,5m in Brazil... yet.

The Avengers has grossed 59.111.755,44 so far. But it's still going very strong, it made 1.970.333,94, at third position, losing the second spot for SWHM, which couldn't take MIB3 out of the first spot. Also just a sign of how much people can expect of Madasgascar 3 DOM, Madasgascar 3 couldn't take the 3rd spot from The Avengers, making less than a half of what The Avengers did.

The Avengers shouldn't have no problem breaking $62,5m though, it's still going pretty strong here. We're talking just about the weekend numbers here.

According to BOM, it's already at 62.5m

http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/brazil/?yr=2012&wk=22&p=.htm

I think it'll finish with 65-66m