Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

But IW did $R66m so 100m would be a 52% increase. It's very hard to over 52% mister cream of the crop ;) 😛 

Honestly it would blow my mind if it gets to 110m (67% increase). What would be your exquisit guess at it's OW my supreme overlord ? 😛 

R$70-75m seems reasonably optimistic but it's Avengers so it'll probably be more xD

Ooooh I love to be called "Supreme Overlord"! Do it again :shades:

😛

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

R$70-75m seems reasonably optimistic but it's Avengers so it'll probably be more xD

Ooooh I love to be called "Supreme Overlord"! Do it again :shades:

😛

Not to be mean Supreme Overlord but thats a bad prediction, you can't put 70-75 and then say it's optimistic ;) 

Put it as the floor.

Edited by pepsa
  • Astonished 2

12 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Not to be mean Supreme Overlord but thats a bad prediction, you can't put 70-75 and then say it's optimistic ;) 

Put it as the floor.

Beating IW will be hard, even for Endgame, particularly for a 3-hour long movie which means less seances :o

You didn't think about that huh? 😛

10 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Beating IW will be hard, even for Endgame, particularly for a 3-hour long movie which means less seances :o

You didn't think about that huh? 😛

Well I don't have to remind you that it tripled presales DOM, it had the biggest OW ever in malaysia and ps yesterday where 75% bigger than those of IW. In mexico ps where insane so I think it's fair to say the OW record is going down (legs maybe not but OW record for sure) ;) 

Out of reactions btw but this it the one you get from me:hahaha:

Edited by pepsa
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I wonder how Shazam performed, don't see much excitement about it, I hope I'm wrong because I like this hero and the actor playing him (From the TV show Chuck, he was great!).

Shazam doesn't seem hot in other markets, this French number...ouch!

Expecting it to start higher Wonder Wonder in Brazil could be a bit too optimistic 😕

Edited by Jormungard
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I’m just here to get some Shazam optimism. Asia and Europe both looks

to collapse now

Surprisingly, even in Brazil that doesn't sound good. Extremely rare for Brazil..

But let's wait for numbers before analyzing.

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Surprisingly, even in Brazil that doesn't sound good. Extremely rare for Brazil..

But let's wait for numbers before analyzing.

Good thing though: Captain Marvel could have better legs than expected.

8 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Shazam is a victim of bad timing. It's really small if compared to the event coming in the next weeks. At least the movie isn't that expensive.

I would say that also was affected by a very late marketing. He came to Mexico to promote it for all Latin America but nobody found out about it because it was just a day before Endgame tickets went on sale. Shocking considering it's Warner, they always put a lot of effort on that front.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

I would say that also was affected by a very late marketing. He came to Mexico to promote it for all Latin America but nobody found out about it because it was just a day before Endgame tickets went on sale. Shocking considering it's Warner, they always put a lot of effort on that front.

Maybe they're trying to scale down their marketing to make their movies less risky if they don't do as well as expected?

• Brazil opened to an estimated R$ 2.2m ($564k) on 1,509 screens with over 60% share of the Top 5 films.  These opening day results are coming on par with ANT-MAN and 10% over Guardians of the Galaxy.  Including previews, the running cume is now R$ 3.3m ($848k).

https://www.boxofficepro.com/thursday-night-shazam-strikes-5-9m-thursday-night-launch-pet-sematary-digs-up-2-3m-start/

• Thanks 1