Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

54 minutes ago, pepsa said:

So how is the week looking? Wed $1.43m  Thu $1.35m and a weekend around $7.8m. That would make for a total of $58m after this weekend.

Than we have dailies from $1.2m Monday, $1.1m Tuesday, $1m Wednesday and than a $0.5m Thursday? And about a 3m weekend. That would be $64.8m.

The Avengers is totally reachable now, and believe me: before the release of IW I would be laughing so hard at the idea of IW reaching $63m in USD with such an ER...it's completely out of this world, it's far bigger than what's happening in the US for example when it comes to proportion, it's such an epic scale BO-wise.

21 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The Avengers is totally reachable now, and believe me: before the release of IW I would be laughing so hard at the idea of IW reaching $63m in USD with such an ER...it's completely out of this world, it's far bigger than what's happening in the US for example when it comes to proportion, it's such an epic scale BO-wise.

To be fair, my estimates are prety conservative so I still believe 69m is were it will land.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, pepsa said:

To be fair, my estimates are prety conservative so I still believe 69m is were it will land.

Maybe we can pass the quarter billion BRL mark with a nice $69.69 :) 

On 5/7/2018 at 11:46 PM, Humbgul said:

I had no idea... So that IW's 2nd weekend is even more impressive, whoa! Thank you for clarifying for me!

I thought we should only count 3 days because that's how it is in Boxofficemojo, but now I took a look at IW's opening weekend there and it says 27-29 April when the movie opened on 26 April... They should fix it. 

A few countries in recent years have changed their standard opening day. Some others Italy, Taiwan, Columbia, El Salvador,Guatemala Mexico trialed a change but didn't go ahead in the end.

With countries that have changed the day of week I don't think site like Mojo, The-numbers etc reflect that in the title of reports. So if for example  Mojo still have a weekend headed as Fri-Sun its wrong. the data would be Thu-sun but report heading is wrong.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Rthanos said:

A few countries in recent years have changed their standard opening day. Some others Italy, Taiwan, Columbia, El Salvador,Guatemala Mexico trialed a change but didn't go ahead in the end.

With countries that have changed the day of week I don't think site like Mojo, The-numbers etc reflect that in the title of reports. So if for example  Mojo still have a weekend headed as Fri-Sun its wrong. the data would be Thu-sun but report heading is wrong.

Pretty confusing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

Pretty high....but I'm done with underestimating the movie :P

You might be right. Still we ll see if it follows the numbers I predicted it would. Wed should be 1.4m, we ll know in 1 hour or so :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

You might be right. Still we ll see if it follows the numbers I predicted it would. Wed should be 1.4m, we ll know in 1 hour or so :)

Yeah, you were right! 1.4M wednesday

EDIT: And Brazil had the best wednesday among the international markets, the second one on the list was UK with U$1.3M.

Edited by Humbgul
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

EDIT: And Brazil had the best wednesday among the international markets, the second one on the list was UK with U$1.3M.

I am learning, my predicitons are getting better. So we are steadly going towards my $64m on next Sunday. @Fullbuster any new openers Thursday?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humbgul said:

That's fantastic to see such legs for Brazil!

Interesting facts: on Tuesday the gap between Brazil and Mexico was +2.7m for Mexico but now it's +2m!

It's pretty clear Brazil will be higher than Mexico in USD by Sunday! That's amazing given how good Mexico is doing as well. Latin America showing incredible performances once again, I'm glad to see this!

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

I am learning, my predicitons are getting better. So we are steadly going towards my $64m on next Sunday. @Fullbuster any new openers Thursday?

Game Night and Death Wish...no game changer this weekend, Infinity War can enjoy the hype train for quite a while xD

tenor.gif?itemid=5634621

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Game Night and Death Wish...no game changer this weekend, Infinity War can enjoy the hype train for quite a while xD

tenor.gif?itemid=5634621

Okay then we should expect IW to hit $60m on next Wednesday. Honestly with out DP2, titanic $ number in Brazil was toast.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Okay then we should expect IW to hit $60m on next Wednesday. Honestly with out DP2, titanic $ number in Brazil was toast.

At least it has a chance at R$200m...Reaching R$100m isn't an easy bar to reach in Brazil, a bit like reaching $500m in the US...so reaching R$200m is astronomical!

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

At least it has a chance at R$200m...Reaching R$100m isn't an easy bar to reach in Brazil, a bit like reaching $500m in the US...so reaching R$200m is astronomical!

A chance :P I will pass it this weekend just like Rth said :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

A chance :P I will pass it this weekend just like Rth said :)

Being the creator and guardian of this thread is a terrible task, forced not to show my hyper enthusiasm to seem credible..the pain in my mind is insufferale  :sarah:

tumblr_lz53j0erQg1rn1630o1_500.gif

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Being the creator and guardian of this thread is a terrible task, forced not to show my hyper enthusiasm to seem credible..the pain in my mind is insufferale  :sarah:

tumblr_lz53j0erQg1rn1630o1_500.gif

Hahaha, yeah I can be a loonie all I want, none is going to judge me :D

• Haha 1