Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Last week I went to São Paulo for 3 days and didn’t want to come back home, I love big cities so much. There was a cinema right in front of the hotel. I lived in a big city for 10 years but now I’m back to my home town. I miss it so much. Around 2015-2016 I watched almost every single movie released in cinemas.

Save money, find a job in Sao Paulo and rent an apartment with the money you saved before.

Yeah, I feel like Brazil really doesn't have enough teathers for more than one movie to do big numbers at the same time. My small town only has one movie screen and they are ditching IW completely for Deadpool. At least I got to watch it 3 times before it went away.

2 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Yeah, I feel like Brazil really doesn't have enough teathers for more than one movie to do big numbers at the same time. My small town only has one movie screen and they are ditching IW completely for Deadpool. At least I got to watch it 3 times before it went away.

Yeah, it's still in development, many theathers open each year but it'll take time to reach maturity.

5 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Give me a Pokemon trailer 

:ohmygod:

very RT good hold for IW

End of May apparently.

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

IW

BRAZIL $56.8m. +$0.6m Tuesday.

It's starting to seriously slow, and just before Deadpool 2.

It will pass 60m but 63m isn't guaranteed.

Don't say that. :sadno:

And actually The Avengers is at U$63.9M, will be hard to beat it. :unsure:

1 hour ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Yeah, all the big screens (IMAX, Cinemark's XD, Cinepolis MACRO, the ones with D-BOX seats, the VIP ones etc) are going to go to Deadpool 2 this weekend and Solo next weekend. By the time Solo opens IW will only be able to keep the small ones.

By the way I watched IW on the IMAX screen here in São Paulo and it was amazing. The screen is so huge, you have to keep moving your head horizontally to be able to see 2 or more characters on the same scene sometimes. The only problem was that the head of the guy in front of you blocks 50% of the subtitles out of your view, so I couldn't pay 100% attention on the movie because I had to make some efforts to be able to read what they were saying. Next time I'll be in the first row to assure no one is going to block my view, even if I need to keep my head up the whole time... :unsure:

• Like 1