Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

5 hours ago, Premium George said:

Those anime characters are clearly underage and clearly sexualized. Use better gifs.

Congrates to IW, I guess.

I've seen worse in animes, WAY WORSE...it's not really obvious here, they're dancing characters...No need to sexualize or seeing sex everywhere.

Does anyone know what's the highest grossing animated movie in Brazil?

I feel like The Incredibles is VERY popular here, Incredibles 2 can surprise us. It maybe will have a chance to beat Finding Dory (U$35M) even with worse exchange rates and bigger competition (JW2 is opening only ONE week earlier). The views of I2's dubbed in portuguese trailer is much higher than Finding Dory's (6.1M x 3.9M), I know that's not a very good comparation but still, like I said it just feels Incredibles is huge here... 

Edited by Humbgul

18 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I hope BP can hold off JW 2, so Worldwide can get 5/10 MCU in the top 10. Of course, nothing compared to top 3 being mcu in Brazil, but still an amazing achievement. 

It's a better achievement to have the top 3 movies all to yourself in one country than half of the top 10 in the whole world? 'Kay.

26 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Your debate is confusing lol

What exactly is confusing about it? I'm arguing that it's more impressive that a franchise has 5 of its movies within the top 10 biggest hits of all time WW at the same time than 3 of its movies as the top 3 biggest hits of all time in a single country. Even if it was US or China. The other poster seemed to me that he argued otherwise.

For the record, I'm not trying to diminish the Brazil achievement, which is incredible. And congrats to IW, btw. I'm just saying: will any other franchise ever have half of the top 10 WW grossers all to itself at once? Not even Harry Potter did that, and HP is one of the all-time box office accomplishments in general.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Deadpool 2 was insanely good, theater was almost 100% full here.

It's a good thing that the rating was changed. At first, you had to be 18 years old or more to see it. Rating was NC-17. After so many complaints, Fox changed it and you now can watch it if you're 16.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Deadpool 2 was insanely good, theater was almost 100% full here.

It's a good thing that the rating was changed. At first, you had to be 18 years old or more to see it. Rating was NC-17. After so many complaints, Fox changed it and you now can watch it if you're 16.

I thought Brazilians would feel tired after giving huge numbers to Black panther and out of this world numbers to Avengers IW...But no, they seem ready to give it all to Deadpool 2 lol, Disney is gonna retrieve Deadpool right? They're gonna be happy lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I thought Brazilians would feel tired after giving huge numbers to Black panther and out of this world numbers to Avengers IW...But no, they seem ready to give it all to Deadpool 2 lol, Disney is gonna retrieve Deadpool right? They're gonna be happy lol.

Just hope Avengers IW will resist well, I want it to be as high as possible :(

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Just prepare for Avengers 5 or 6 when Deadpool (hopefully still played by Ryan Reynolds, cause w/a 4th-wall breaking, time travelling franchise, there's no reason to recast and not connect the Deadpool corner of the Foxverse straight into the MCU; just figure some way of getting us a crossover of dimensions, like maybe Secret Wars) joins the club. Assuming Disney will succeed with the Fox buyout (ugh).

Though I'm increasingly frustrated about the idea that DP could be in an Avengers movie in the future, but not the Defenders. I don't give a shit about the pissing contest between Marvel's divisions, I really hope Feige has the balls to put the Defenders in an Avengers movie in the future, even if for a cameo. If they say Defenders are a part of the MCU, why not give that saying a pay-off?

Edited by MCKillswitch123

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Just prepare for Avengers 5 or 6 when Deadpool (hopefully still played by Ryan Reynolds, cause w/a 4th-wall breaking, time travelling franchise, there's no reason to recast and not connect the Deadpool corner of the Foxverse straight into the MCU; just figure some way of getting us a crossover of dimensions, like maybe Secret Wars) joins the club. Assuming Disney will succeed with the Fox buyout (ugh).

Though I'm increasingly frustrated about the idea that DP could be in an Avengers movie in the future, but not the Defenders. I don't give a shit about the pissing contest between Marvel's divisions, I really hope Feige has the balls to put the Defenders in an Avengers movie in the future, even if for a cameo. If they say Defenders are a part of the MCU, why not give that saying a pay-off?

It's gonna be complicated given what's happening with Netflix, Disney's own Netflix..etc..And will that even be manageable to have so much more characters? The usual + X-Men + Fantastic 4 + Deadpool + Defenders? o_o