Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Infinity War finally crossed U$60M! :ohmygod:

So U$2.9M for this friday-sunday. I don't know how much IW did on thursday, I only know the movie made U$1.1M on wed and thursday COMBINED. 

This means the weekend was probably around U$3.4M I guess... Pretty good in face of direct competition!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sam said:

Hmm, quite uncharacteristically muted increase for DP2 in Brazil compare to other South American territories.

Maybe the bumps is bigger in lc?What’s the ER like for DP vs. DP2?

@Fullbuster

I'll tell you more about this in a few hours, not easy to check from a mobile phone..my laptop will be more helpful ^^

Meanwhile you can participate to this :

:P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sam said:

Hmm, quite uncharacteristically muted increase for DP2 in Brazil compare to other South American territories.

Maybe the bumps is bigger in lc?What’s the ER like for DP vs. DP2?

@Fullbuster

Time to answer more seriously now :P

Deadpool was strongly disadvantaged by one of the worst ER in History => $1 = R$3.99

Deadpool 2 is currently calculated with this ER: $1 = R$3.74

The gap is very limited, and I didn't watch the ER since IW's release..I'm really, really shocked to see the ER is back to levels historically among the most atrocious in History...I don't know what's happening in Brazil right now but it must be really bad!!!

@Blaze Heatnix @Durden What the hell is this ER?

• Like 1

DEADPOOL 2016 : R$25.1m OW

DEADPOOL 2018: : R$27.7m OW

+10%

It could seem a bit limited but you need to understand taht people could be tired and the market saturated with Black Panther being an unexpectedly big success and Infinity War crushing everything...

And Deadpool still had to deal with the Infinity War phenoomenon, so this relatively good increase is a good thing, it could have been a decrease....it's a good opening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humbgul said:

Infinity War finally crossed U$60M! :ohmygod:

So U$2.9M for this friday-sunday. I don't know how much IW did on thursday, I only know the movie made U$1.1M on wed and thursday COMBINED. 

This means the weekend was probably around U$3.4M I guess... Pretty good in face of direct competition!

It was pretty good in the end, I'm pretty satisfied. It need $3.1m to pass The Avengers, that will be very hard with DP2 and Solo even if Star Wars isn't big in Brazil. That will be very close though, somewhere between $63m-$65m.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Time to answer more seriously now :P

Deadpool was strongly disadvantaged by one of the worst ER in History => $1 = R$3.99

Deadpool 2 is currently calculated with this ER: $1 = R$3.74

The gap is very limited, and I didn't watch the ER since IW's release..I'm really, really shocked to see the ER is back to levels historically among the most atrocious in History...I don't know what's happening in Brazil right now but it must be really bad!!!

@Blaze Heatnix @Durden What the hell is this ER?

Yeah, the ER sucks. I guess it's critical because of this year's election and we have no idea who the hell is gonna be the president. The options are terrible, so that doesn't bode well for the future ( our future, that means ).  Tickets are also damn expensive ( like almost everything ). it's insane.

I manage to always pay half of the ticket's price because I have a credit card ( those who have Mastercard, only pay 50% ). My wife doesn't have it, but she also pays 50% because she's a student ( students also pay half the ticket's price ).

It's chaotic, I have no idea about what's gonna happen. AT least I can tell you that Deadpool 2 is selling well. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, manny1234 said:

I have Brazilians friends and they tell me that in Brazil they think zero hype for Han Solo and also they think it will be a flop.

You don't even need to be Brazilian to predict this lol.

Solo = Very low worldwide = big bomba in Brazil.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Apollo2xx said:

Yeah, Solo has absolutely no hype.

I still see people talking about Infinity War but no one seems to know that Solo exist.

Pre-sales are terrible here in my city, even for previews and opening day.

It's a good lesson for Disney I think: Don't go too far with the spin-off.

Spin-off should be kept for TV shows, the movies should be about the mainline story.

4 hours ago, Apollo2xx said:

Yeah, Solo has absolutely no hype.

I still see people talking about Infinity War but no one seems to know that Solo exist.

Pre-sales are terrible here in my city, even for previews and opening day.

As for infinity War people will NEVER stop talking about it, this movie is now a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0xoTOLAyShS_dR3x_Skr

Edited by Fullbuster

DATA BREAKING MY HEART:

WITH THE SAME EXCHANGE RATE THAN ON APRIL 27 2012 (AVENGERS RELEASE IN BRAZIL) THE AVENGERS INFINITY WAR NUMBERS WOULD BE THIS:

GROSS IN US DOLLARS:

116 MILLION DOLLARS

Anime-Gif-with-Sad-Face-3.gif

• Sad 3
  • Disbelief 1

On 20-5-2018 at 9:32 PM, Fullbuster said:

It was pretty good in the end, I'm pretty satisfied. It need $3.1m to pass The Avengers, that will be very hard with DP2 and Solo even if Star Wars isn't big in Brazil. That will be very close though, somewhere between $63m-$65m.

If it did $3.4m from Thu to Sun against DP2 opening, than it won't have any problems to do $3.1m after this weekend. Atleast thats what I think

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, pepsa said:

If it did $3.4m from Thu to Sun against DP2 opening, than it won't have any problems to do $3.1m after this weekend. Atleast thats what I think

My legendary cautiousness is back! xD

• Like 1