Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

11 hours ago, pepsa said:

Rip, thats not good at all.

I think it's funny, somehow. The brazilian cannot be the big savior for every movie after all lol, not big enough yet...but wait for the day when it's twice as big as Japan...it's gonna be a kind if smaller DOM ^^

2 hours ago, Humbgul said:

Are we only going to get updates of IW's numbers after the weekends now? :sadno:

Seems like we'll have to wait till Sunday now, Deadpool 2 being there it stole the thunder from IW's.

31 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Seems like we'll have to wait till Sunday now, Deadpool 2 being there it stole the thunder from IW's.

Yeah, I think the brazil numbers would still be good enough to report, but they can't report 0.05m daillies in countries so yeah.

13 hours ago, pepsa said:

Yeah, I think the brazil numbers would still be good enough to report, but they can't report 0.05m daillies in countries so yeah.

It's ok, we just need to know if it'll beat Avengers 1 in USD at this point. We'll know.

Apart from that today is SOLO's release day in Brazil! HYPE IS STRONG! :sparta:

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It's ok, we just need to know if it'll beat Avengers 1 in USD at this point. We'll know.

Apart from that today is SOLO's release day in Brazil! HYPE IS STRONG! :sparta:

It dropped 66.7% in france on it OW compared to RO. $10m in brazil from $14.6m seems prety optimistic now.

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

If the truckers' strike continue through the weekend... Solo's opening is going to be even lower (if that's possible). It's affecting EVERYTHING, especially considering no one is going to be brave enough to use the car this weekend to go to the cinema and pay the current price of the gas IF it is still available in most gas stations until there (some places are already abusively selling 1L for R$8,99).

Just awful for the movie. :(

Edited by Humbgul
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

If the truckers' strike continue through the weekend... Solo's opening is going to be even lower (if that's possible). It's affecting EVERYTHING, especially considering no one is going to be brave enough to use the car this weekend to go to the cinema and pay the current price of the gas IF it is still available in most gas stations until there (some places are already abusively selling 1L for R$8,99).

I know I have been posting mostly about how Solo is doing bad, but honestly I wanted this movie to do well. I hoped for $800m WW. This is just sad.

22 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

Oh oh...That's not gonna be good qt all...

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Why would you tag me here about this?  Serious question.  I don't even read this thread so I don't know what you're talking about.

Come on, don't be bitter :o

Porthos -> Star Wars -> SOLO having a terrible BO

The tag is obvious xD

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Come on, don't be bitter :o

Porthos -> Star Wars -> SOLO having a terrible BO

The tag is obvious xD

I literally just woke up and saw a tag of me crying my eyes out.  How am I supposed to react to it? 

As it is, I'm trying to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy a certain movie I am seeing in approx eight hours and posts like that aren't exactly helping.  Time and a place for what I presume you think is good-natured ribbing, but this wasn't it.

And, no, I'm not bitter.  I will admit to being slightly annoyed though at various things (and not the box office run), which is why I'm phrasing my post fairly carefully. 

Just didn't find it amusing is mostly what I am saying. 

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I literally just woke up and saw a tag of me crying my eyes out.  How am I supposed to react to it? 

As it is, I'm trying to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy a certain movie I am seeing in approx eight hours and posts like that aren't exactly helping.  Time and a place for what I presume you think is good-natured ribbing, but this wasn't it.

And, no, I'm not bitter.  I will admit to being slightly annoyed though at various things (and not the box office run), which is why I'm phrasing my post fairly carefully. 

I'm talking about BO numbers though, didn't say the movie is lame or else...

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I hope you enjoy the movie, have fun man!

After my exams, my girlfriend and me are going to watch it as well.

• Like 2

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I'm talking about BO numbers though, didn't say the movie is lame or else...

My point is, I just didn't find it particularly amusing, especially with the pile on in progress in other parts of the board (the main Solo thread has been a dumpster fire for a while now). 

Normally I would roll my eyes a little and move on.  If I was in a good mood, I might even leave a reaction like and continue on with my day.  In this case though you just happened to hit the exact right combo of circumstances for me to let you know I didn't really like it all that much. 

No real biggie; just letting you know that the joke didn't land particularly well at the time.  Hell, if I saw it right this second as opposed to 45 minutes ago, I'm fairly sure I would have just ignored it.  

So I understand what you were trying to go for.  Just didn't work.  No more, no less. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

My point is, I just didn't find it particularly amusing, especially with the pile on in progress in other parts of the board (the main Solo thread has been a dumpster fire for a while now). 

Normally I would roll my eyes a little and move on.  If I was in a good mood, I might even leave a reaction like and continue on with my day.  In this case though you just happened to hit the exact right combo of circumstances for me to let you know I didn't really like it all that much. 

No real biggie; just letting you know that the joke didn't land particularly well at the time.  Hell, if I saw it right this second as opposed to 45 minutes ago, I'm fairly sure I would have just ignored it.  

So I understand what you were trying to go for.  Just didn't work.  No more, no less. :)

tenor.gif?itemid=4813521

^_^

• Haha 1

Truck drivers just declared strike and won't fill up the gas stations anymore.

So, gas price is nearly 3x more expensive now, and if this situation continues, gas stations won't have gas to sell.

Some supermarkets are already closed, some airports are closed and we don't how people will go to work if it this goes on.

This might have a reflect on this weekend's box office.

• ...wtf 1