Jump to content
Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread | The Lion King roars, Hobbs & Shaw are scared away!!! :o

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, pepsa said:

 

Rip, thats not good at all.

 

I saw the flop coming from the very announcement.

 

Seriously, WHO wanted a movie about Solo's youth? Obi Wan's movie will interest a bit more but I don't expect a much bigger box office.

 

I love Disney but apart from Rogue One these spin-offs are a mistake.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pepsa said:

 

Rip, thats not good at all.

 

I think it's funny, somehow. The brazilian cannot be the big savior for every movie after all lol, not big enough yet...but wait for the day when it's twice as big as Japan...it's gonna be a kind if smaller DOM ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Humbgul said:

Are we only going to get updates of IW's numbers after the weekends now? :sadno:

 

Seems like we'll have to wait till Sunday now, Deadpool 2 being there it stole the thunder from IW's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

 

Seems like we'll have to wait till Sunday now, Deadpool 2 being there it stole the thunder from IW's.

Yeah, I think the brazil numbers would still be good enough to report, but they can't report 0.05m daillies in countries so yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pepsa said:

Yeah, I think the brazil numbers would still be good enough to report, but they can't report 0.05m daillies in countries so yeah.

 

It's ok, we just need to know if it'll beat Avengers 1 in USD at this point. We'll know.

 

Apart from that today is SOLO's release day in Brazil! HYPE IS STRONG! :sparta:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

 

It's ok, we just need to know if it'll beat Avengers 1 in USD at this point. We'll know.

 

Apart from that today is SOLO's release day in Brazil! HYPE IS STRONG! :sparta:

It dropped 66.7% in france on it OW compared to RO. $10m in brazil from $14.6m seems prety optimistic now.

  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pepsa said:

It dropped 66.7% in france on it OW compared to RO. $10m in brazil from $14.6m seems prety optimistic now.

 

TOLD YOU SO! :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the truckers' strike continue through the weekend... Solo's opening is going to be even lower (if that's possible). It's affecting EVERYTHING, especially considering no one is going to be brave enough to use the car this weekend to go to the cinema and pay the current price of the gas IF it is still available in most gas stations until there (some places are already abusively selling 1L for R$8,99).

 

 Just awful for the movie. :(

 

Edited by Humbgul
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

If the truckers' strike continue through the weekend... Solo's opening is going to be even lower (if that's possible). It's affecting EVERYTHING, especially considering no one is going to be brave enough to use the car this weekend to go to the cinema and pay the current price of the gas IF it is still available in most gas stations until there (some places are already abusively selling 1L for R$8,99).

 

 Just awful for the movie. :(

 

I know I have been posting mostly about how Solo is doing bad, but honestly I wanted this movie to do well. I hoped for $800m WW. This is just sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

How is Deadpool doing in Brazil?

I think it opened a bit higher than DP1 and I haven't seen any numbers from mon or tue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

If the truckers' strike continue through the weekend... Solo's opening is going to be even lower (if that's possible). It's affecting EVERYTHING, especially considering no one is going to be brave enough to use the car this weekend to go to the cinema and pay the current price of the gas IF it is still available in most gas stations until there (some places are already abusively selling 1L for R$8,99).

 

 Just awful for the movie. :(

 

 

Oh oh...That's not gonna be good qt all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

@Porthos right now about SOLO:

 

giphy.gif

 

 

Why would you tag me here about this?  Serious question.  I don't even read this thread so I don't know what you're talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Why would you tag me here about this?  Serious question.  I don't even read this thread so I don't know what you're talking about.

 

Come on, don't be bitter :o

 

Porthos -> Star Wars -> SOLO having a terrible BO

 

The tag is obvious xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

 

Come on, don't be bitter :o

 

Porthos -> Star Wars -> SOLO having a terrible BO

 

The tag is obvious xD

I literally just woke up and saw a tag of me crying my eyes out.  How am I supposed to react to it? 

 

As it is, I'm trying to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy a certain movie I am seeing in approx eight hours and posts like that aren't exactly helping.  Time and a place for what I presume you think is good-natured ribbing, but this wasn't it.

 

And, no, I'm not bitter.  I will admit to being slightly annoyed though at various things (and not the box office run), which is why I'm phrasing my post fairly carefully. 

 

Just didn't find it amusing is mostly what I am saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I literally just woke up and saw a tag of me crying my eyes out.  How am I supposed to react to it? 

 

As it is, I'm trying to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy a certain movie I am seeing in approx eight hours and posts like that aren't exactly helping.  Time and a place for what I presume you think is good-natured ribbing, but this wasn't it.

 

And, no, I'm not bitter.  I will admit to being slightly annoyed though at various things (and not the box office run), which is why I'm phrasing my post fairly carefully. 

 

Just didn't find it amusing is mostly what I am saying. 

 

I'm talking about BO numbers though, didn't say the movie is lame or else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I literally just woke up and saw a tag of me crying my eyes out.  How am I supposed to react to it? 

 

As it is, I'm trying to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy a certain movie I am seeing in approx eight hours and posts like that aren't exactly helping.  Time and a place for what I presume you think is good-natured ribbing, but this wasn't it.

 

And, no, I'm not bitter.  I will admit to being slightly annoyed though at various things (and not the box office run), which is why I'm phrasing my post fairly carefully. 

 

Just didn't find it amusing is mostly what I am saying. 

 

I hope you enjoy the movie, have fun man!

After my exams, my girlfriend and me are going to watch it as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fullbuster said:

 

I'm talking about BO numbers though, didn't say the movie is lame or else...

My point is, I just didn't find it particularly amusing, especially with the pile on in progress in other parts of the board (the main Solo thread has been a dumpster fire for a while now). 

 

Normally I would roll my eyes a little and move on.  If I was in a good mood, I might even leave a reaction like and continue on with my day.  In this case though you just happened to hit the exact right combo of circumstances for me to let you know I didn't really like it all that much. 

 

No real biggie; just letting you know that the joke didn't land particularly well at the time.  Hell, if I saw it right this second as opposed to 45 minutes ago, I'm fairly sure I would have just ignored it.  

 

So I understand what you were trying to go for.  Just didn't work.  No more, no less. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.