Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

So, I watched Mockingjay 2 today after all. I saw that a small cinema near my house was showing the movie in 2D, so I took a chance and it was only around 40% full and people were surprisingly quiet. I enjoyed the movie, it was kinda slow-paced at the first half, but a good improvement over Part 1 (as expected). It could have been a great movie if they haven't split the final book in two movies. Damn WB for starting this trend...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

So, I watched Mockingjay 2 today after all. I saw that a small cinema near my house was showing the movie in 2D, so I took a chance and it was only around 40% full and people were surprisingly quiet. I enjoyed the movie, it was kinda slow-paced at the first half, but a good improvement over Part 1 (as expected). It could have been a great movie if they haven't split the final book in two movies. Damn WB for starting this trend...

Thanks for your opinion, it's hard to judge from a small cinema but 40% is really low, I hope it won't disappoint because the potential is just huge in Brazil and I want big numbers!!!

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Thanks for your opinion, it's hard to judge from a small cinema but 40% is really low, I hope it won't disappoint because the potential is just huge in Brazil and I want big numbers!!!

Yeah, it doesn't mean anything. Regular moviegoers usually attend at night and mostly on weekends, and fans of the series have tons of cinemas and showtimes to choose. It's normal that it wasn't full, that's why I decided to watch it there. I'm sure it's full or almost full at the multiplexes.

• Like 1