Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Good Sabrina, keep us informed :) Glad You came back.

Are you interested in Star Wars 7 by the way?

Thank you. I'm glad to be here too. I just came because you and Raphael said that I should be here during MJ2 release. 

I am. A lot. But I haven't seen the other movies. :mellow:

I'll try to watch them, before the release of SW7.

• Like 2

but seriously now i don't get HG numbers

i don't know why the first two movies were so huge, and i don't know why the last two decreased so much

i understand Part 1 going down.... but why Part 2?

if it started decreasing on the second movie, like Hobbit, Potter and Narnia I'd understand

since CF grossed 420m i thoguht people were hyped for this, and it ends in such a cliffhanger, it has been only 2 years where did everyone go?

Edited by JohnnY

MJ2 will suffer in Belgium : The Belgian capital, Brussels, is on maximum alert, all theaters are closed today in the city, public transports are shut down, there is a clear threat of terrorists preparing the same kind of attacks than in Paris.

The movie is really unlucky.

1 hour ago, JohnnY said:

since CF grossed 420m i thoguht people were hyped for this, and it ends in such a cliffhanger, it has been only 2 years where did everyone go?

I'm shocked with this run too.

But there's obvious reasons it happened:

1. GA only cared about the games.

2. Mockingjay book is not well received.

3. Mockingjay Part 1 was boring and didn't had a good cliffhanger.

That's the difference between DHP1 and BD1 to MJ1.

BD1 was as boring as MJ1, but the cliffhanger made the difference. People rushed to see Bella as a vampire in BD2.

MJ1 cliffhanger was like..."You care about Katniss's boyfriend? Watch the next movie to see if he's okay!". I mean, outside of the fanbase, who cares about him? <_<

DH1 was very well received, and people weren't expecting much, since they were coming from HBP. Enough to bring people to see the next part. While MJ1, was just a huge disappointment for the GA who expected a lot more after CF's cliffhanger.

Anyway, that's all my opinion.

Edited by xSabrinax
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, xSabrinax said:

BD1 was as boring as MJ1, but the cliffhanger made the difference. People rushed to see Bella as a vampire in BD2.

MJ1 cliffhanger was like..."You care about Katniss's boyfriend? Watch the next movie to see if he's okay!". I mean, outside of the fanbase, who cares about him? <_<

DH1 was very well received, enough to bring people to see the next part. While MJ1, was just a huge disappointment for the GA who expected a lot more after CF's cliffhanger.

Well, I guess that makes sense. But the decrease from CF to MJ was already too big (90m is a lot) and even the opening was substantially lower.

Anyway, if MJ hadn't been split in two parts i bet it would be more succesful. Yeah, they are making more money like this, but they are reaching less people and compromising the way the story is being told, i hate that.

27 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Guys, leave Raphael alone. Don't be mean. I think he learned the lesson. I don't want to read "hahaha! in your face!" type of comments when he comes back. Come on, you're better than this.

28 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Guys, leave Raphael alone. Don't be mean. I think he learned the lesson. I don't want to read "hahaha! in your face!" type of comments when he comes back. Come on, you're better than this.

I will try not to mock him, at least for a short period because it's so tempting I'm not sure to be able to retain much longer :P

8 minutes ago, JohnnY said:

Well, I guess that makes sense. But the decrease from CF to MJ was already too big (90m is a lot) and even the opening was substantially lower.

Anyway, if MJ hadn't been split in two parts i bet it would be more succesful. Yeah, they are making more money like this, but they are reaching less people and compromising the way the story is being told, i hate that.

I believe the OW for MJ1 was lower because of the Book's WOM.

When CF finished it's run, people were saying that Mockingjay was the worst book, and Mockingjay Part 1 was going to be super boring. It didn't encourage anyone.

Also, spoilers where/are EVERYWHERE.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm going to talk honestly and in all seriousness here : This behavior is just horrible and shows exactly how weak he is...he thinks he could not bear things not going his way and decided to isolate himself in his own Internet bubble in a Twitter community of fans just to avoid his feelings to be hurt, and that says a lot about the guy.

That shows how fragile and weak-minded he is, you can't go ahead and be successful in life by avoiding truth, critics, and the difficult reality of numbers. When you really love something you debate, you rationalize, you don't go into hiding.

he's immature, as too many young adults these days.

If he wants to keep hiding, fine then but that's really pathetic. Sorry to tell it that way but that's just the truth, I exactly felt that when he left just after the first rotten review on RT.

You need not be so aggressive. He probably knew MJ2 was going disappoint since the first forecast and all negativity seen, but like any fan, he hoped bigger numbers.
I do not understand why you want so much he comes back. To say to him forever that MJ2 disappointed as he spoke about HG? What childishness.

1 hour ago, xSabrinax said:

DH1 was very well received, and people weren't expecting much, since they were coming from HBP. Enough to bring people to see the next part. While MJ1, was just a huge disappointment for the GA who expected a lot more after CF's cliffhanger.

Sabrina, you need to stay more times in this forum :wub:
I fully agree. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

You need not be so aggressive. He probably knew MJ2 was going disappoint since the first forecast and all negativity seen, but like any fan, he hoped bigger numbers.
I do not understand why you want so much he comes back. To say to him forever that MJ2 disappointed as he spoke about HG? What childishness.

To be honest? Because I'm disappointed, with all his brag I thought he was morally stronger than that. I like to make fun of people when I know they're strong enough to bear it, otherwise I try not to do that, so I thought Raphael was strong enough that's why I never retained. Now if he comes back I'm not even sure to be able to mock him again, knowing that could hurt his feelings...That's sad, mocking weak-minded people is not fun, that would make me feel like a bully.

Edited by Fullbuster

10 minutes ago, misafeco said:

You should see MJ2. The sewer scene alone is better than any of the action scenes in AoU. :ph34r:

I'll watch it someday, having seen the 3 previous movies that would be stupid not to watch the finale, and I have the feeling I'll like it. However you're wrong : no scene in this movie could beat Hulk vs Iron Man in TA2 :P

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I'll watch it someday, having seen the 3 previous movies that would be stupid not to watch the finale, and I have the feeling I'll like it. However you're wrong : no scene in this movie could beat Hulk vs Iron Man in TA2 :P

I liked the opening battle scene and the final confrontation between the Avengers and Ultron way better. Nothing impressive in the Hulk vs. IM fight except the CGI. :ph34r: