Jump to content

Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

 

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

 

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread | Thor Ragnarok on October 26. Amazing numbers to expect?

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

MJ1's OW in local currency : R$23.6m

MJ2's OW in local currency : R$20.8m

 

It's definitely a big fail :ohmyzod:

Poor Raphie :ph34r::o

 

giphy.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PierreHP said:

I don't think that SW will do much more either.

B)

There is a huge difference though :

 

People expected much from MJ2 in Brazil but nothing of SW7...If SW7 can get MJ2's numbers that will be considered as a real success because we didn't expect that.

 

Given the ER and the fact sci-fi movies mostly bomb in this country any number beyond $10m would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MJ2's OW is only the six biggest in local currenc this year after Avengers 2 (R$37.1m), Fast & Furious 7 (R$36.9m), Jurassic World (R$23.9m), Fifty Shades of Grey (R$23.1m) and Minions (R$23m)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

MJ1's OW in local currency : R$23.6m

MJ2's OW in local currency : R$20.8m

 

It's definitely a big fail :ohmyzod:

I have almost sure R$20.8M isn't with wed....

"19 a 22 - por renda"

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jogos Vorazes é líder absoluto no fim de semana

23 nov 15

Longa arrecadou estimados R$ 20,8 milhões de quinta a domingo, o que o coloca como a sexta maior abertura do ano. Público estimado já encosta no do último James Bond. Público deve ficar um pouco abaixo do episódio anterior.

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Why didn't they take Wednesday into account?

I think weekend is Thu-Sun in countries where most movies open on Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, MJ2 got less admissions than MJ1, that's now confirmed, and that's what Sabrina suspected, All hail Queen Sabrina! :lol:

 

MJ1 got 1.9 million admissions in 4 days, MJ2 got 1.6 million admissions in the same 4-day period.

 

When it comes to the Brazilian BO it's the biggest disappointement of the year :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, misafeco said:

I think weekend is Thu-Sun in countries where most movies open on Thursday.

I know but it was always weird to me not to talk them into account given people who watch the movie mostly won't watch it during the OW, unless they're huge fans a la Raphael :D

Edited by Fullbuster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I know but it was always weird to me not to tak them into account given people who watch the movie mostly won't watch it during the OW, unless they're huge fans a la Raphael :D

So what are the 5 day numbers? $6.8M?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently they'll be showing the Star Wars movies on broadcast tv which is very rare here. Episode 1 will air this weekend:

 

 

The buzz is real, Fullbuster. Our only movie magazine gave Star Wars 7 its November cover, not MJ2.  :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Apparently they'll be showing the Star Wars movies on broadcast tv which is very rare here. Episode 1 will air this weekend:

 

 

The buzz is real, Fullbuster. Our only movie magazine gave Star Wars 7 its November cover, not MJ2.  :ph34r:

OMG :o It's wonderful to read this dear Napo :lol: I feel SW7 will do pretty well and will beat our expectations, for many young people SW7 could be the new trendy YA franchise in some way, you can feel that with Rei as the main character along with Finn :)

However it's a mistake to start by episode I (1999), the first movie is Episode IV (1978), still a good initiative though..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

OMG :o It's wonderful to read this dear Napo :lol: I feel SW7 will do pretty well and will beat our expectations, for many young people SW7 could be the new trendy YA franchise in some way, you can feel that with Rei as the main character along with Finn :)

However it's a mistake to start by episode I (1999), the first movie is Episode IV (1978), still a good initiative though..

Yeah, the new trilogy is not that good, but I think it has a broader appeal, at least here in Brazil, and specially with kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

35 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Yeah, the new trilogy is not that good, but I think it has a broader appeal, at least here in Brazil, and specially with kids.

Possible, we'll see. They should show the TV show Star Wars Rebels, that's pretty great and kids would love that.

This recent trilogy (Ep I to III) has a serious lack of humor though, episode IV to VI were kinda funny :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Did you see this, Fullbuster?

 

 

Yes, several months ago but I won't be able to watch it right away because I didn't watch Arrow season 2 to 4 yet, and The Flash season 2 so I'm a bit late and given that they're all linked...But that's exciting for sure :)

For this week and next I'll focus on Jessica Jones ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.