Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

46 minutes ago, nVIDIADriver said:

will it expand in the next few weeks?

Probably not, expansions are not a common thing here in Brazil, usually movies have previews for one week and then go wide, I think the only movie that I actually saw having an increase in theaters after the OW was The Witch, last year. Unfortunately, that's not a surprise, Oscar movies rarely has a wide release here, unless it is a phenomenon like LLL, or have some big stars (Revenant). Manchester by the Sea, Moonlight, and Hell or High Water were not even released in my city. 

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Probably not, expansions are not a common thing here in Brazil, usually movies have previews for one week and then go wide, I think the only movie that I actually saw having an increase in theaters after the OW was The Witch, last year. Unfortunately, that's not a surprise, Oscar movies rarely has a wide release here, unless it is a phenomenon like LLL, or have some big stars (Revenant). Manchester by the Sea, Moonlight, and Hell or High Water were not even released in my city. 

Wow, but MbtS is an excellent movie, so so sad.

• Like 1

A

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, Goffe said:

LLL is entering its third week with the same number of showings as when it opened in my local multiplex. In a more populist venue, it has 3 out of 4 showings. 

Impressive, very impressive.

Yeah indeed, less than 5% in admissions, astounding legs :o