Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Amblin Entertainment and Walden Media’s controversy-hit A Dog’s Purpose, which Universal is distributing in 20 territories, grossed $2.7m from 10 for an early $7.6m. Combined with the Mister Smith territories, the international total is $9.6m and the global haul stands at $42.5m.

There were three notable debuts in Latin America: Argentina delivered $336,000, Panama $235,000 and Venezuela $12,000. Mexico added $1.2m for $3.8m and Brazil and Peru have delivered $1.6m and $1m, respectively.

Moana added $10m for $311.3m and scored two number one debuts in Scandinavia as Sweden delivered $1.3m and Norway $900,000. The animation placed second in Denmark on $700,000.

The lead markets are France on $34.5m, China on $32.7m, the UK on $23.3m, Brazil on $20.8m, and Australia on $18.1m.

Yes, thanks to these greats legs $20m have been clearly passed, maybe Frozen can be passed in USD after all :D And Brazil is the 4th biggest OS market for Moana despite the terrible exchange rate, a real success :)

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Resident Evil 6 : Brazil produced $1.3m for $4.7m and Mexico $1.1m for $5.6m.

I see it ending near 7.5-8m. Less than RE5 ($9.8m)

But with exchange rate it would be higher, right ? So that's pretty awesome, considering almost 5 year gap and "bad previous part (not that bad for me)"  :)

Btw where did you get that info? Because it's clearly from some site and I'm curious which :>

Edited by janeeek1538

30 minutes ago, janeeek1538 said:

But with exchange rate it would be higher, right ? So that's pretty awesome, considering almost 5 year gap and "bad previous part (not that bad for me)"  :)

Btw where did you get that info? Because it's clearly from some site and I'm curious which :>

Screendaily ;)

18 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

And the competition from 50 Shades 2 next week won't help.

What? Are you telling me it's not the same audience? :ph34r:

Oh no, no. I'm talking about the reviews and word of mouth ( Rings ). Many people left the theaters talking about how it sucked, though I really saw no major problems with it. I mean, I wasn't expecting anything from it, so maybe that's why i didn't hate it like others did, lol.

It had some good ideas, but bad execution and weird pacing.

Hell, they even got to use

Spoiler

Umbrellas as jump scares

in the movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Oh no, no. I'm talking about the reviews and word of mouth ( Rings ). Many people left the theaters talking about how it sucked, though I really saw no major problems with it. I mean, I wasn't expecting anything from it, so maybe that's why i didn't hate it like others did, lol.

It had some good ideas, but bad execution and weird pacing.

Hell, they even got to use

Reveal hidden contents

in the movie.

Don't worry, I perfectly understood what you meant in your first comment :P

• Like 1

Tomorrow we'll have the numbers in local currency for the local movie My Mom is a Character 2, maybe it's now the highest-grossing local movie ever, or at least very, very close.

That's quite a big deal, with some luck it could reach ($40m in USD) and that's also very impressive given such an exchange rate.

Of the 35 markets released this session, Brazil was particularly keen to revisit the universe of the mysterious videotape said to kill the watcher seven days after viewing. The opening there was $2.7M at No. 1 on 501 screens. That makes it the 2nd biggest horror debut ever behind last year’s hit The Conjuring 2.

Holy Fuck! That's really impressive, I can't find any other reason for this apart of the prank that went viral.

5 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Of the 35 markets released this session, Brazil was particularly keen to revisit the universe of the mysterious videotape said to kill the watcher seven days after viewing. The opening there was $2.7M at No. 1 on 501 screens. That makes it the 2nd biggest horror debut ever behind last year’s hit The Conjuring 2.

Holy Fuck! That's really impressive, I can't find any other reason for this apart of the prank that went viral.

That's depressing. That piece of garbage should have bombed hard

3cd904f7c6bfd33c535f23dd576688bf.jpg

Moana still held on very well this  last weekend and reached R$67.8m, making it by far the highest-grossing WDAS movie (Frozen is second with R$51.7m) and the 29th bigggest movie of all time. It also passed Fantastic Beasts and X-Men DOFP and X-Men Apocalypse. The movie will probably pass Ice Age 5 (a prowess given how popular this franchise is there) and enter the top 25 of all time :o

Congrats Moana and thank you Brazil :D

• Like 5

minha-mae-e-uma-peca.jpg

The local movie My Mom is a Character 2 reached R$118.3m, becoming the 6th biggest movie of all time and the highest-grossing local movie EVER!!!! Incredible performance!!! It passed Suicide Squad, a movie that was highly successful in Brazil.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

minha-mae-e-uma-peca.jpg

The local movie My Mom is a Character 2 reached R$118.3m, becoming the 6th biggest movie of all time and the highest-grossing local movie EVER!!!! Incredible performance!!! It passed Suicide Squad, a movie that was highly successful in Brazil.

That means the movie is, in USD, around $37.9m now. $40m is reachable, such a number is really hard to reach with such an ER.