Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

12 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Independence Day on Thursday. 

And IT probably will increase tomorrow with the actual numbers, Warner is lowballing numbers on purpose.

In that case that's good then.

Will it enter the top 10? We'll see :)

I'm glad, the exchange rate finally back to its levels from the beginning of the year after a bumpy ride, it's going the right way. If that goes on then Justice League, Thor 3 and Star Wars will strongly benefit from it.

About Star Wars 8 : remember than the Brazilian Real increased by 25% over the USD since Star Wars 7 so even if it decreases in local currency the number in USD is likely to be good :)

On 16/08/2017 at 2:35 PM, MinaTakla said:

TOP 20 BRAZILIAN FILMS (FROM 1995 TO 2016)

1. The Ten Commandments - The Movie (spiritual drama, 2016), R$116.4m ($36.4m)
  2. Elite Squad 2 (action/drama/crime, 2010), R$103.8m ($32.5m)
  3. If I Were You 2 (comedy, 2009), R$50.5m ($15.8m)
  4. Head Over Heels 2 (comedy, 2012), R$ 50.2m ($15.7m)
  5. My Mom Is a Character - The Movie (comedy, 2013), R$49.5m ($15.5m)
  6. Loucas para Casar (comedy, 2015), R$45.9m ($14.3m)
  7. Till Luck Do Us Apart 2 (comedy, 2013), R$45.3m ($14.2m)
  8. Till Luck Do Us Apart 3 (comedy, 2015), R$42.2m ($13.2m)
  9. Vai Que Cola (comedy, 2015), R$41.9m ($13.1m)
  10. Two Sons of Francisco (drama, 2005), R$36.7m ($11.5m)
  11. Astral City: A Spiritual Journey (spiritual drama, 2010), R$36.1m ($11.3m)
  12. Meu Passado Me Condena (comedy, 2013), R$34.9m ($10.9m)
  13. My Mom Is a Character 2 (comedy, 2016), R$34.9m ($10.9m)
  14. Till Luck Do Us Apart (comedy, 2012) R$34.8m ($10.9m)
  15. Meu Passado Me Condena 2 (comedy, 2015), R$32.9m ($10.3m)
  16. Head Over Heels (comedy, 2011), R$31.5m ($9.8m)
  17. Chico Xavier (spiritual drama, 2010), R$30.3m ($9.5m)
  18. Carandiru (drama/crime, 2003), R$29.6m ($9.2m)
  19. Vai Que Dá Certo (comedy, 2013), R$29m ($9m)
  20. If I Were You (comedy, 2006), R$28.9m ($9m)

I'll add this to the first page, I'll just add another local movie to this top 20 : My Mom is a Character 2 with R$124m, highest-grossing local movie ever. :)

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I'll add this to the first page, I'll just add another local movie to this top 20 : My Mom is a Character 2 with $124m, highest-grossing local movie ever. :)

Cool, will try to watch it. I recently watched an amazing Brazilian film in Cannes last year - it's called ACQUARIUS

Fascinating film but not too commercial.

Haven't seen any of the top 20 films on the list

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Cool, will try to watch it. I recently watched an amazing Brazilian film in Cannes last year - it's called ACQUARIUS

Fascinating film but not too commercial.

Haven't seen any of the top 20 films on the list

I must admit I never watched a Brazilian movie...maybe one day or another...

12 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

IT opened at 1.1m in ADMs, just for comparison: GOTG2 opened at 1.2m, despite having a lot of advantages over IT.

I wouldn't be surprised if IT end selling more tickets than GOTG2, it just needs to not drop like a rock in the next weeks. 

That's not a fair comparison. It's easy to have a significant Box Office when the movie has quality, GOTG2 doesn't have this advantage.

• Thanks 1

On 13/09/2017 at 1:13 PM, alisson23 said:

IT = 86%. 86 > 82

IT deserves to have a bigger BO than GotG2

Again, you try to gaslight us : I never said GOTG2 was more deserving, I told you lied when you said GOTG2 didn't have the quality advantage, in fact it has it and the gap with IT is minimal.

Your statement would be more receivable if IT was far higher (at least 92%)

On 15/09/2017 at 9:49 PM, Fullbuster said:

Nothing to do with Brazil but I wanted to share this with you, I think it's really interesting :

DJx5MfQXkAAubT6.jpg

Interesting but problematic, using the modern concept of GDP for hundreds or thousands of years ago isn't very reliable or meaningful. Also, the graphic doesn't mention it isn't measuring the GDP of actual countries, but rather the land that corresponds to modern political boundaries. This is why the UK or Spain are so low back when they were giant empires, and why Italy or Germany are on the graph many years before they existed.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Can't wait until Thor 3 in October to be finally excited about the BO once again :P

Do you only know talking about SH movies? This is somewhat annoying, a movie like IT slaying is a lot more impressive than these SH movies doing the same predictable numbers, except GotG2, of course, nobody predicted that disappointing number.

• Thanks 3

On 15/09/2017 at 11:46 PM, Tower said:

Interesting but problematic, using the modern concept of GDP for hundreds or thousands of years ago isn't very reliable or meaningful. Also, the graphic doesn't mention it isn't measuring the GDP actual countries, but rather the land that corresponds to modern political boundaries. This is why the UK or Spain are so low back when they were giant empires, and why Italy or Germany are on the graph many years before they existed.

That's true and I thought about it. But still, in a way it shows the true weight of these empires without their colonies, that's valuable.

On 16/09/2017 at 1:30 AM, alisson23 said:

Do you only know talking about SH movies? This is somewhat annoying, a movie like IT slaying is a lot more impressive than these SH movies doing the same predictable numbers, except GotG2, of course, nobody predicted that disappointing number.

No, I also love Disney movies, I talked so much about Moana but I guess you weren't there, you only see what you want to see ;)

I'm also very interested in Star Wars 8 and Jumanji, but you didn't see that as well.

As usual you judge people without knowing anything about them, and that's the same attitude from Raphael and Efialtes given they liked your post. Don't be stupid guys, be smart.