Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

3 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Absolutely not true, Guardians 2 per example, dropped 44% in its second weekend, despite having zero competition, and then dropped a massive 50% in its third weekend, facing a flop Sci-Fi movie that nobody cares about and it’s Rated R. IT is holding well because it has good WOM. 

Because GOTG2 is mostly sci-fi, which is why the first movie wasn't impressive in Brazil in the first place. 😋

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Because GOTG2 is mostly sci-fi, which is why the first movie wasn't impressive in Brazil in the first place. 😋

How the hell GOTG2 is “mostly” a Sci-fi, if the main focus is not on the science aspect, but in the action and adventure? Are you thinking that Guardians has the same equivalence of the brain Sci-Fi present in Interstellar and Blade Runner? Give me a break.

Do u mean this movie had weak legs because it has Sci-fi elements?

Avatar, Thor 2, Dawn of the planet of the apes, Jurassic World, X Dofp... All had amazing or great legs with big competition here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

So for its OD Happy Death Day wasn't even on top!

Fantastic legs for Woody Woodpecker, released last week, terrible legs for BR2049.

IT disappears from the top 5 for the first time.

Thursday was children day here. I don’t know about your country, but here in Brazil, it’s not a tradition taking kids to a scary movie.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Of course it wasn’t on Top, Thursday was CHILDREN DAY, family movies would, obviously, have a big boost. HDD must easily win the weekend. 

2 hours ago, alisson23 said:

Thursday was children day here. I don’t know about your country, but here in Brazil, it’s not a tradition taking kids to a scary movie.

Woody W was also on top on Tuesday/Wednesday so maybe it got a boost but it didn't come from nowhere.

31 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

And My Little Pony / Lego Ninjago didn't benefit from this children day.

MLP is not a wide release, while the LEGO brand is not strong here. Captain Underpants is not even a known property here and it’s at #3 thanks to Children Day. Why are you even arguing about something so stupid as this? It’s obvious that kids movies are going to receive a boost in the Children Day for god’s sake.

TOP10 PicaPau/ MorteTeDaParabens/ AvCapCueca/ BladeRunner2049/ ComoSeTornarPiorAlunoEscola/ It/ Kingsman/ MyLittlePony/ Mãe/ LegoNinjago

Friday the 13th and even so HDD wasn't able to take the top from WW. Really disappointing. @Fullbuster was right.

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, alisson23 said:
TOP10 PicaPau/ MorteTeDaParabens/ AvCapCueca/ BladeRunner2049/ ComoSeTornarPiorAlunoEscola/ It/ Kingsman/ MyLittlePony/ Mãe/ LegoNinjago

Friday the 13th and even so HDD wasn't able to take the top from WW. Really disappointing. @Fullbuster was right.

Not surprised. Theater was less than half full when I got to watch it yesterday. Movie was good, but I was surprised to see less people than I was expecting to...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alisson23 said:

That doesn't please me you know, I'm perfectly fine about having horror movies being very successful, or other kinds of movies. I'm just talking about the numbers as I see them that's all.

With Annabelle 2 and IT people were probably a bit overloaded, they got enough for a while, or at least that seems to be the case.

Anyway, let's wait for this weekend's numbers, they could be different and HDD can still be on top.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

HDD:

“ Top markets included an estimated $2 million debut in Brazil”

That’s a GREAT OW, bigger than both Split and Get Out, actually, it’s the biggest BH OW ever!!!!

That means it got way better weekend than expected, I was right to sayy we needed to wait. Interestingly it's better than Blade Runner 2049's OW ($1.8m)!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

That means it got way better weekend than expected, I was right to sayy we needed to wait. Interestingly it's better than Blade Runner 2049's OW ($1.8m)!

Blade Runner didn't have a national holiday on OD to boost it. Also, friday was a non workday in many places here, schools were closed and friday the 13th helped HDD. With these advantages, Blade Runner would open with $3m+ here.

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 1