Jump to content

Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread | Thor Ragnarok on October 26. Amazing numbers to expect?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

HDD:

 

“ Top markets included an estimated $2 million debut in Brazil”

 

That’s a GREAT OW, bigger than both Split and Get Out, actually, it’s the biggest BH OW ever!!!!

 

That means it got way better weekend than expected, I was right to sayy we needed to wait. Interestingly it's better than Blade Runner 2049's OW ($1.8m)!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

 

That means it got way better weekend than expected, I was right to sayy we needed to wait. Interestingly it's better than Blade Runner 2049's OW ($1.8m)!

Blade Runner didn't have a national holiday on OD to boost it. Also, friday was a non workday in many places here, schools were closed and friday the 13th helped HDD. With these advantages, Blade Runner would open with $3m+ here.

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

HDD got 2nd place. Great result, though.

 

https://www.screendaily.com/news/blade-runner-2049-grosses-293m-internationally/5123301.article

 

"Brazil is the top opener at number two for the weekend on $2m, above recent films Split and The Conjuring."

WW above $2m in second weekend. What a great increase! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

HDD got 2nd place. Great result, though.

 

https://www.screendaily.com/news/blade-runner-2049-grosses-293m-internationally/5123301.article

 

"Brazil is the top opener at number two for the weekend on $2m, above recent films Split and The Conjuring."

 

Number 2? Then Woody Woodpecker was really on top?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alisson23 said:

Blade Runner didn't have a national holiday on OD to boost it. Also, friday was a non workday in many places here, schools were closed and friday the 13th helped HDD. With these advantages, Blade Runner would open with $3m+ here.

While at same time BD49 had 3D/IMAX and many premium formats to increase it’s numbers, plus, it’s a SEQUEL, what a stupid comment, HDD’s numbers are way more impressive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

While at same time BD49 had 3D/IMAX and many premium formats to increase it’s numbers, plus, it’s a SEQUEL, what a stupid comment, HDD’s numbers are way more impressive. 

A mainstream ""horror"" movie doing better commercially than an artistic sci-fi movie? Wooow. It's more than impressive, it's SHOCKING!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

 

Yep, based on this article.

 

That's weird given WW wasn't even on top last weekend, this children day worked wonders ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IT finally reached R$60.3m this weekend

 

66.6m would be necessary to reach the op 10 of the year, it probably won't happen. Still, it's by a wide margin the highest-grossing horror movie in Brazil, no mean feat!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MV5BMjMyNDkzMzI1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODcx

 

REMINDER : THOR RAGNAROK WILL BE RELEASED ON OCTOBER 26 IN BRAZIL. THIS IS THE OPENING WEEKEND NUMBERS FOR THOR 1&2 IN BRAZIL IN LOCAL CURRENCY

 

THOR (2011) : R$8.5m

THOR 2 (2013) : R$17.5m

 

Thor Ragnarok should easily beat this, more than R$20m is very likely given the past trends.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thor 3, my forecasts

 

OW : $8.5m / R$26m

 

Total : $32-34m / R$103-107m

 

It's a bit optimistic but clearly doable, the great opinions we hear about it and Hulk's presence will make it pretty big and leggy. If Spider-Man can pass $30m-R$100m then Thor 3 can as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.