Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

On 17/10/2017 at 10:12 AM, Fullbuster said:

REMINDER : THOR RAGNAROK WILL BE RELEASED ON OCTOBER 26 IN BRAZIL. THIS IS THE OPENING WEEKEND NUMBERS FOR THOR 1&2 IN BRAZIL IN LOCAL CURRENCY

THOR (2011) : R$8.5m

THOR 2 (2013) : R$17.5m

Thor Ragnarok should easily beat this, more than R$20m is very likely given the past trends.

I expect something between R$24-28m OW for Thor 3 : in the vicinity of Wonder Woman (24m) and Logan (25m), higher than GOTG2 (21.8m).

• Like 1

I'll probably stop posting outside this thread, I never really felt I belonged to the main forum to be honest, never felt in sync..it's somehow too similar to a boy's club with people only talking with those who usually talk on these forums every day and ignoring people visiting only for some events (the release of a particular movie for example)..it wasn't like that when I registered, it was lighter, funnier, I feel like people are blasé and are here only because they got used to it. I'm myself less interested in numbers but for the movies it didn't change. I shouldn't feel that way after 5 years, I even thought of leaving the forum entirely but I know people like this thread and what I do here so I decided to take care of it, but only this one. ^^

I'll tell what I think on Twitter and BOT's Brazil thread, it's fine, I'll use this thread to tell what I thnk about some movies I saw or that I'm eager to watch, no need to go on the main forum. So don't be surprised not to see me elsewhere, it's over and it's fine :)

Can't wait for Thor 3, I'll tell you here what I think about it :)

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

For people interested :

Thor 3 got 9,900 admissions in Paris at 2pm

Thor 2 got 11,000 admissions in 2013

So it's clealy less, but it's way too ealy to conclude anything about it, and Paris is very different from the rest of the country. Still, I expected a bit more.

You can expect at least 200,000 admissions in France today and 1 million for the OW, it's pretty much a usual number for a Marvel movie here, however holidays + a great WOM (people love comedies in France) could help him to beat expectations so don't worry it's just an early phase.

@TalismanRing @iJackSparrow@ZeeSoh@Finnick

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Apollo2xx said:

Just saw it. It's an ok film. No need for hurry.

I think I'll like it but it won't probably be one of my favorite CBM movies so yeah, I can wait. I would be sad if it was Star Wars The last Jedi or Avenger 3.

It's ok, these ambitious movies can be seen even 2 months after their release so no need to hurry :)

Edited by Fullbuster

I think the opening weekend of Justice League in Brazil will be between $10m-$11m, and Infinity War $12m- $13m.

I think exchange rates will be better  next year, And unlike most countries, Brazilian movie market have very good legs..

Edited by bruchav
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

@Fullbuster what you expect from JL and Infinity War opening weekend? 

It's hard to tell, depends on many factors. I don't expect JL to beat the OW record in local currency but that should be close to it. As for Avengers 3 I expect it to smash the OW record.

7 hours ago, Durden said:

Justice League will have a 5-day OW. Opens here in the wednesday (11/15) with previews in the tuesday (11/14). Also 11/15 is a national holiday.

So yeah, big numbers coming.

On a wednesday???-then it will be hard to compare with a 4-day OW 🤔

20 hours ago, bruchav said:

I think the opening weekend of Justice League in Brazil will be between $10m-$11m, and Infinity War $12m- $13m.

I think exchange rates will be better  next year, And unlike most countries, Brazilian movie market have very good legs..

That seems likely indeed, however it will be hard to compare JL and Infinity War if JL is a 5-day OW and IW a 4-day OW :( We'll probably have to do daily average to know which one fared best.