Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

10 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

What was Cap Marvel's OW? Was it higher or lower than TS4?

Quite a bit higher 35.9m lc v 51.25m lc so it was about 42.8% bigger than TS4 opening. But it doesn't mather as much because Animations have better legs. Multies are higher and CM was pretty front loaded. 

• Like 3

On 6/23/2019 at 2:33 PM, pepsa said:

I mean to put it in to perspective Incredibles 2 opened to 25.8m lc, end went on to be the 2nd highest movie off all time (at that time). Now nr 3 because of EG obviously.

If TS4 could match the multi from I2 it would get 210m lc, that would be insane. Actuals probably go up a bit, so expect 38m lc 😛 

That said don't expect a crazy 5.65 multi like I2 had but over 4 is easly doable. So anything over 150m is great for TS4, it has a good shot at I2.

Where do you get that info?

26 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Where do you get that info?

Because of @Fullbuster lists he makes 😛

Btw I made a misstake I2 made 143m lc not 153m lc So that would give it the 3 place of all time before CM and EG release. (Forgot CM exact number as well and I am to lazy to look it up so it might or might not be higher than I2 😛 )

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

Weekend 6/27-6/30 (EST.)

1. Toy Story 4                                              R$ 16.8m      -51.9%

2. Annabelle Comes Home                         R$ 7.5m         NEW 

3. The Secret Life of Pets 2                         R$ 5.3m         NEW 

4. Turma da Mônica - Laços                       R$ 4.9m         NEW 

5. Aladdin                                                   R$ 1.7m        -70.7%

6. Men in Black: International                     R$ 1.02m      -75.5%

7. Rocketman                                              R$ 555k        -63.6%

8. Dolor y gloria                                          R$ 407k        -45.2%

9. Dark Phoenix                                          R$  338k        -85.8%

10. Long Shot                                             R$ 232k         -82,1%

Source: FilmeB

*The TOP 10 Brazil 2019 has not been updated yet

**Huge drop this weekend overall

Edited by Beelzebub
  • Thanks 1

If that estimate holds that a terrible drop, not just bad but like horrendous. Normaly the 2nd and 3rd week have great drops for almost all movies especially big movies so TS4 dropping 50% is actually so bad.

Btw did something special happen in Brazil this weekend or last weekend that can explain the drop or is it just this bad?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pepsa said:

If that estimate holds that a terrible drop, not just bad but like horrendous. Normaly the 2nd and 3rd week have great drops for almost all movies especially big movies so TS4 dropping 50% is actually so bad.

Btw did something special happen in Brazil this weekend or last weekend that can explain the drop or is it just this bad?

Everything this weekend looks like it got absolutely creamed vs last weekend, so I don’t think it’s a TS4 issue so much as some special circumstances in the country. Not sure what that would be though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Last week had a holiday on Thursday (6/20) that must have inflated the numbers

• Like 2

Weekend 6/27-6/30 (Actual)

1. Toy Story 4                                              R$ 16.51m      -52.7%

2. Annabelle Comes Home                         R$ 7.47m         NEW 

3. The Secret Life of Pets 2                         R$ 5.25m         NEW 

4. Turma da Mônica - Laços                       R$ 4.91m         NEW 

5. Aladdin                                                   R$ 1.67m        -71.3%

6. Men in Black: International                     R$ 995k         -76.1%

7. Rocketman                                              R$ 538k         -64.7%

8. Dolor y gloria                                          R$ 411k         -44.7%

9. Dark Phoenix                                          R$  367k        -86.5%

10. Long Shot                                             R$ 214k         -83,4%

TOP 10 Brasil 2019 (6/30)(Actual)

1. Avengers: Endgame                                                   R$ 337.37m     

2. Captain Marvel                                                          R$ 146.74m      

3. Aladdin                                                                      R$ 77.54m         

4. Minha vida em Marte                                                R$ 67.66m         

5. Ralph Breaks the Internet                                          R$ 64.81m         

6. Toy Story 4                                                                 R$ 62.25m        🔺3

7. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World          R$ 58.42m        🔻1

8. Shazam!                                                                     R$ 47.81m        🔻1

9. Aquaman                                                                   R$ 47.27m        🔻1

10. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse                          R$ 31.20m       

Source: FilmeB

• Thanks 3

Pff, my interest in comicbook movies is so low now that I didn't even realize Spider-Man Far From Home was already released in places :(

I hope the flame will be back someday after a break from it.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Pff, my interest in comicbook movies is so low now that I didn't even realize Spider-Man Far From Home was already released in places :(

I still can't believe you didn't see AEG in the theater ^_^

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

So let me get this straight. IW was such perfection as a finale you lost all interest in comic book movies? So your preferred ending for the MCU was that the heros lose miserably and half of all life is destroyed across the universe?

I havent seen Far From Home, but aside from TS4, what else is there in theaters? Im not a comic book movie fan per se, but I like going to the theaters to have a good time and who doesnt love action movies with comedy and teen romance mixed in. Im fairly certain the film will at least be a good time at the movies, isnt that enough? I mean, seriously, does it really matter that its a comic book movie? 

I mean absolutely no disrespect, you should do whats right for you. Just seems like a strange rationale, from my perspective genre is just the packaging a movie comes in, it hardly plays a role for me if the movie is good

Weekend 7/4-7/7 (EST.)

1. Spider-Man: Far From Home                  R$ 30.83m     NEW

2. Toy Story 4                                              R$ 10.99m    -33.5%

3. Annabelle Comes Home                         R$ 4.54m      -39.3%

4. Turma da Mônica - Laços                       R$ 3.96m      -19.3%

5. The Secret Life of Pets 2                         R$ 3.33m      -36.5%

6. Aladdin                                                   R$ 528K        -68.5%

7. Dolor y gloria                                         R$ 320k         -22.1%

8. Rocketman                                             R$ 255k         -52.6%

9. L'homme fidèle                                      R$ 112k          NEW

10. Men in Black: International                  R$ 94K          -90.6%

Source: FilmeB

*The TOP 10 Brazil 2019 has not been updated yet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1