Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

No weekend number discussion? how does it matter if someone is a man or woman?  Anyway as @terrestrial said, we all kinds of people on this forum.

BTW who is 70 year old? I know few folks in their 50's.

We just have fun ahaha 😛

And honestly it was worth it, this thread made me laugh a lot today :D

Anyway, back to box office folks!

TOY STORY 4

Latin America as a region fell by just 26% to cume $170.1M so far. Notable holds were seen in Brazil (-15%)

The Top 5 markets are Mexico ($66.1M), UK ($53.7M), China ($28.6M), Brazil ($26.4M) and Australia ($24.2M).

Brazil easily crushed TS3 despite a much, much worse ER :o

And I must say this Mexican number is crazy, I love it! That's interesting you know, I realized Brazil was stronger than Mexico for comicbook movies overall but Mexico is a stronger market for animated movies.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

No weekend number discussion? how does it matter if someone is a man or woman?  Anyway as @terrestrial said, we all kinds of people on this forum.

BTW who is 70 year old? I know few folks in their 50's.

acc to the birthday of members thing you can see at the start page the age they reached in brackets if the member included the birthyear too.

= some birthdays are only to see as its their birthday without the age, if not added

today (it shows it matching to the date in you region)

Today's Birthdays

1. HeyItsMoses
    HeyItsMoses
    (32 years old)
  2. MSWORKZ
    MSWORKZ
    (30 years old)
  3. Rambo
    Rambo
    (42 years old)

Over the years I've seen ages like e.g. 69y a few years back, that one should now be in his/her '70. Not sure if all of those are active members, as far as I know I am the oldest female active member, but not the oldest active member in complete 😉  All I remember out of my head:

Tele is younger than Baumer, who is at least a decade younger than me.

AndyLL is older than Baumer but still younger than me. Out of the banned group BKB (who was the reason I did never did state my actual age outside of hints that in the sum should be enough, but he still didn't get it), who loved to sneer on younger members, he still is younger also, around AndyLLs age. Jessie, also banned, is I think is similar to Baumer's age.

Charlie is 20 +/- a year or so, and Valonquar (sp.?) is a teenager still. Quite some members are in their '30, too many to list.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

acc to the birthday of members thing you can see at the start page the age they reached in brackets if the member included the birthyear too.

= some birthdays are only to see as its their birthday without the age, if not added

today (it shows it matching to the date in you region)

Today's Birthdays

1. HeyItsMoses
    HeyItsMoses
    (32 years old)
  2. MSWORKZ
    MSWORKZ
    (30 years old)
  3. Rambo
    Rambo
    (42 years old)

Over the years I've seen ages like e.g. 69y a few years back, that one should now be in his/her '70. Not sure if all of those are active members, as far as I know I am the oldest female active member, but not the oldest active member in complete 😉  All I remember out of my head:

Tele is younger than Baumer, who is at least a decade younger than me.

AndyLL is older than Baumer but still younger than me. Out of the banned group BKB (who was the reason I did never did state my actual age outside of hints that in the sum should be enough, but he still didn't get it), who loved to sneer on younger members, he still is younger also, around AndyLLs age. Jessie, also banned, is I think is similar to Baumer's age.

Charlie is 20 +/- a year or so, and Valonquar (sp.?) is a teenager still. Quite some members are in their '30, too many to list.

Ok. I know potus(who is basically camped in china forum) is in 50's. I am 44. Baumer is 47.

Of course BKB is in his 50's as well. Jessie has to be younger. I am surprised Andyll is so old. I thought him to be in 20s or low 30s like Tele.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Anyway, back to box office folks!

TOY STORY 4

Latin America as a region fell by just 26% to cume $170.1M so far. Notable holds were seen in Brazil (-15%)

The Top 5 markets are Mexico ($66.1M), UK ($53.7M), China ($28.6M), Brazil ($26.4M) and Australia ($24.2M).

Brazil easily crushed TS3 despite a much, much worse ER :o

And I must say this Mexican number is crazy, I love it! That's interesting you know, I realized Brazil was stronger than Mexico for comicbook movies overall but Mexico is a stronger market for animated movies.

it beat Endgame in few latin american markets !!!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Ok. I know potus(who is basically camped in china forum) is in 50's. I am 44. Baumer is 47.

Of course BKB is in his 50's as well. Jessie has to be younger. I am surprised Andyll is so old. I thought him to be in 20s or low 30s like Tele.

If I started young you still could be my child = that's always a bit shocking still for me

In my work is a male teacher who is exactly 20y younger than me (but appears to be older per some hefty life experiences) if we get aware we always look at each other a bit shell-shocked, to the amusement of the pupils 😉

Jessie was in his '40 if I remember right, maybe similar to Tele's age? I use a few key data and then ~ similar to... for those kind of date = not that important and changing 😉

Jessie is older than he behaved.

POTUS is too anti-female to get a 'saved data' thing by me, but I am aware about him being older than many 😉

Hubby birth-year is 1954, his father's 1898, he was a soldier in WWI, my father was born before WWI, was a soldier in WWII. We were rather old as our son happened too = between my son and his granddad father-side are 98y - still a bit mindbogglingly difference. Depending on culture, that could be 5 generations (if a 20y old gets....) instead of 2 generations.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I technically am as well but I don't feel like it. Feel more like Gen X like my sister is.

Youth is a mindset :D Think about these 80/90 yo people being in marathons :D

I personally feel as energetic as a teenager xD

• Haha 1

Weekend 7/11-7/14 (EST.)

1. Spider-Man: Far From Home                  R$ 18.20m     -39.5%       $ 4.85m

2. Toy Story 4                                              R$ 9.29m       -12.2%       $ 2.47m

3. Turma da Mônica - Laços                       R$ 3.59m       -7.7%         $ 956k

4. The Secret Life of Pets 2                         R$ 3.43m       +6.2%        $ 914k

5. Annabelle Comes Home                        R$ 3.04m        -31.5%       $ 810k

6. Hotel Mumbai                                        R$ 783k          NEW          $ 208k

7. Avengers: Endgame                               R$ 652k          REENTRY   $ 173k

8. Aladdin                                                   R$ 417K        -17.3%         $ 111k

9. Dolor y gloria                                         R$ 269k         -19.6%         $ 71k

10. Rocketman                                           R$ 214k         -12,0%         $ 57k

TOP 10 Brasil 2019 (7/14)(EST.)

1. Avengers: Endgame                                                   R$ 338.09m              $ 85.50m

2. Captain Marvel                                                          R$ 146.74m               $ 38.15m

3. Toy Story 4                                                                 R$ 101.18m               $ 26.40m

4. Aladdin                                                                      R$ 78.43m                 $ 20.20m

5. Minha vida em Marte                                                R$ 67.66m                 $ 17.35m (ER = 3.90)

6. Spider-Man: Far From Home                                     R$ 67.46m        🔺4       $ 18.00m

7. Ralph Breaks the Internet                                          R$ 64.81m        🔻1       $ 17.33m

8. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World          R$ 58.42m        🔻1       $ 15.67m

9. Shazam!                                                                     R$ 47.81m        🔻1        $ 12.30m

10. Aquaman                                                                 R$ 47.27m        🔻1        $ 36.20m

OUT: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse                     R$ 31.20m         🔻1        $ 8.40m

Source: FilmeB, BoxOfficeMojo, TheNumbers, BoxOfficeReport.

*I used the exchange rate on Thursday (7/11) to make the conversion to $ for the Weekend. (For comparisons only; ER: 1 BRL = 3.7515);

**The totals in $ are from BoxOfficeMojo, TheNumbers and BoxOfficeReport.

***The $ Aquaman is the all-time total not only the 2019 as the R$.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Weekend 7/11-7/14 (EST.)

1. Spider-Man: Far From Home                  R$ 18.20m     -39.5%       $ 4.85m

2. Toy Story 4                                              R$ 9.29m       -12.2%       $ 2.47m

3. Turma da Mônica - Laços                       R$ 3.59m       -7.7%         $ 956k

4. The Secret Life of Pets 2                         R$ 3.43m       +6.2%        $ 914k

5. Annabelle Comes Home                        R$ 3.04m        -31.5%       $ 810k

6. Hotel Mumbai                                        R$ 783k          NEW          $ 208k

7. Avengers: Endgame                               R$ 652k          REENTRY   $ 173k

8. Aladdin                                                   R$ 417K        -17.3%         $ 111k

9. Dolor y gloria                                         R$ 269k         -19.6%         $ 71k

10. Rocketman                                           R$ 214k         -12,0%         $ 57k

TOP 10 Brasil 2019 (7/14)(EST.)

1. Avengers: Endgame                                                   R$ 338.09m              $ 85.50m

2. Captain Marvel                                                          R$ 146.74m               $ 38.15m

3. Toy Story 4                                                                 R$ 101.18m               $ 26.40m

4. Aladdin                                                                      R$ 78.43m                 $ 20.20m

5. Minha vida em Marte                                                R$ 67.66m                 $ 17.35m (ER = 3.90)

6. Spider-Man: Far From Home                                     R$ 67.46m        🔺4       $ 18.00m

7. Ralph Breaks the Internet                                          R$ 64.81m        🔻1       $ 17.33m

8. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World          R$ 58.42m        🔻1       $ 15.67m

9. Shazam!                                                                     R$ 47.81m        🔻1        $ 12.30m

10. Aquaman                                                                 R$ 47.27m        🔻1        $ 36.20m

OUT: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse                     R$ 31.20m         🔻1        $ 8.40m

Source: FilmeB, BoxOfficeMojo, TheNumbers, BoxOfficeReport.

*I used the exchange rate on Thursday (7/11) to make the conversion to $ for the Weekend. (For comparisons only; ER: 1 BRL = 3.7515);

**The totals in $ are from BoxOfficeMojo, TheNumbers and BoxOfficeReport.

***The $ Aquaman is the all-time total not only the 2019 as the R$.

Mmmh I don't think these numbers will be enough for Endgame to reach 20 million admissions, seems way too weak..

Toy Story 4 holding even better than announced, Far From Home having pretty good legs.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Mmmh I don't think these numbers will be enough for Endgame to reach 20 million admissions, seems way too weak..

Toy Story 4 holding even better than announced, Far From Home having pretty good legs.

40% isn't a good hold on your secon weekend here in brazil :( 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1