Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

THIS WEEK, Black Panther officially passed Homecoming, Thor 3 and Logan!

Wonder Woman (33.5m) is next.

It also means BP passed 100m in local currency, passing Thor 3, Homecoming. It already passed Logan last week. It must be around 105m right now, meaning it needs 4m ($1.3m) to pass Wonder Woman. It'll be done next Sunday or the one after.

• Astonished 1

7 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

My $3.5-4m OW prediction for Tomb Raider could be too optimistic given the relatively small number of screens (for such a product) and the poor ratings...you're warned...

$2.5-3m seems more realistic now that we know that.

I was right to say it was too optimistic...I don't have the number but we know it's less than in Mexico ($2.15m) so we can say it now:

TOMB RAIDER BOMBED IN BRAZIL.

13 hours ago, Durden said:

1. Tomb Raider - R$6.4m

2. Black Panther - R$6.2m - TOTAL R$107m

https://omelete.com.br/bilheteria-brasil/

Wonder Woman is the biggest comicbook solo title in Brazil, and it was the 1st one with a woman...it was huge coming from Brazil.

This week, the first one with a black man and mostly black cast will take this top spot, less than a year after.

Brazil is such a strong market for these movies!

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

Today is the 2 year anniversary of Batman v Superman in Brazil. A night I will never forget. Still hoping I will have another life-changing experience like that again in my lifetime.

I used to look forward for Christmas on December 25 or my birthday on February 23 but now March 23 is really the date I look forward to celebrate every year because it was the day that changed my whole existence.

Thank you Zack Snyder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 2

15 hours ago, Durden said:

Infinity War sets pre-sales record in first 12 hours

https://omelete.com.br/filmes/noticia/vingadores-guerra-infinita-bate-recorde-na-pre-venda-de-ingressos-no-brasil/

+25% of The Force Awakens

That's fantastic!!!

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Today is the 2 year anniversary of Batman v Superman in Brazil. A night I will never forget. Still hoping I will have another life-changing experience like that again in my lifetime.

I used to look forward for Christmas on December 25 or my birthday on February 23 but now March 23 is really the date I look forward to celebrate every year because it was the day that changed my whole existence.

Thank you Zack Snyder.

Long time no see :)

So guys, I'm gonna leave the forums (and other places such as social networks) for a while (back in April) so I hope some people will be nice enough to post things in the thread while I'm gone :)

Take care :)

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • ...wtf 1

7 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

So guys, I'm gonna leave the forums (and other places such as social networks) for a while (back in April) so I hope some people will be nice enough to post things in the thread while I'm gone :)

Take care :)

Don't worry. We'll be updating it as much as possible. Good luck, take your time and come back as fast as you can, bro. :)

14 hours ago, Mr Impossible said:

Black Panther has done insanely well in Brazil! Can it beat BvS $36.7M total? 

Probably not, it needs $2.2m and that's almost the end of its run, I see it ending around $36m.

It's still possible but the odds are low.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1