Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

Awww, but Brazil LOVES Demi, they can't let her name be tainted!  She's literally one of few American artists with a diamond-certified album in Brazil and all of her songs have debuted at #1, she's HUGE there! 

There are several factors explaining this : the competition from Boss Baby, the second Smurfs movie disappointed, kids and their parents don't have an infinite wallet (Moana was a real success earlier this year)....An artist cannot save an animated movie all by herself.

The exchange rate for Furious 7 in April 2015 was around $1 = R$3.07

The ER is currently around $1 = R$3.15

So Furious 8 shouldn't be helped or undermined by the ER, the comparison will be easy, Furious 8 will be advantaged thanks to inflation though.

So : BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WAS THE HIGHEST-GROSSING MOVIE ONCE AGAIN THIS WEEKEND (Sorry @alisson23 :rofl: ) AND REACHED $36m.

In USD it passed Finding Dory for example, and this week it will pass Suicide Squad ($36.6m) and Batman vs Superman ($36.7m). Really impressive :o

In local currency that means it reached R$113.8m, 11th biggest movie ever and it will pass Finding Dory this week to enter the top 10 all-time! Amazing!

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

So : BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WAS THE HIGHEST-GROSSING MOVIE ONCE AGAIN THIS WEEKEND (Sorry @alisson23 :rofl: ) AND REACHED $36m.

In USD it passed Finding Dory for example, and this week it will pass Suicide Squad ($36.6m) and Batman vs Superman ($36.7m). Really impressive :o

In local currency that means it reached R$113.8m, 11th biggest movie ever and it will pass Finding Dory this week to enter the top 10 all-time! Amazing!

"Thank you very much, 3D, IMAX, and XD. You are awesome" - Disney

• Like 1

giphy.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAZILIAN THREAD!!!

I created it 5 years ago, time does fly huh? And quite a success, with 828 pages, which was unexpected when I created it...I wasn't even sure I'd be there 5 years later with an interest for box office numbers. Still, here I am ^^

Let's hope for fantastic numbers this year, Beauty and the Beast was the first salvo along with Moana and Logan while Furious 8, GOTG2, Wonder Woman, Despicable Me 3, Justice League, Spiderman Homecoming, Thor 3 and Star Wars VIII will show the way and will certainly shock.

Come on everybody, let's celebrate!

@Tele Came Back @CJohn  @MrPink @CJohn @Jessie @Spaghetti @Michael Gary Scott @RySenkari @grey ghost @The Panda @James @Walt Disney @Empire @chasmmi @Kalo @The Stingray @Mockingjay Raphael @Napoleon @alisson23 @CaptainJackSparrow @chrisman0606  @Amy  @SophieSlut

Time to eat now!

giphy.gif

• Like 19

Just now, Fullbuster said:

giphy.gif

I created it 5 years ago, time does fly huh? And quite a success, with 828 pages, which was unexpected when I created it...I wasn't even sure I'd be there 5 years later with an interest for box office numbers. Still, here I am ^^

Let's hope for fantastic numbers this year, Beauty and the Beast was the first salvo along with Moana and Logan while Furious 8, GOTG2, Wonder Woman, Despicable Me 3, Justice League, Spiderman Homecoming, Thor 3 and Star Wars VIII will show the way and will certainly shock.

@Tele Came Back @CJohn  @MrPink @CJohn @Jessie @Spaghetti @Michael Gary Scott @RySenkari @grey ghost @The Panda @James @Walt Disney @Empire @chasmmi @Kalo @The Stingray @Mockingjay Raphael @Napoleon @alisson23 @CaptainJackSparrow @chrisman0606  @Amy  @SophieSlut

Time to eat now!

giphy.gif

huh what why was I tagged here

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

giphy.gif

Time to eat now!

giphy.gif

Like being invited to a party for a person you didn't even know existed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

giphy.gif

Time to eat now!

giphy.gif

Well congrats. I don't visit this thread much, but at least I'm familiar with it.

• Like 2