Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

#VingadoresUltimato #VingadoresEndgame distributed by @DisneyStudiosBR has just beat another record: it is already the biggest #boxoffice film of all time in #Brazil. Until this moment, + R $ 241.4 million were accounted for.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

#VingadoresUltimato #VingadoresEndgame distributed by @DisneyStudiosBR has just beat another record: it is already the biggest #boxoffice film of all time in #Brazil. Until this moment, + R $ 241.4 million were accounted for.

Beating Infinity War that easily is incredible, last year I thought it would be fantastic if it could be on par with IW but in the end Brazil still had some room for growth :o

• Like 1

Biggest Opening Weekends in Brazil in local currency (May 2019)

Avengers Endgame : 105m

Avengers Infinity War : 65.2m

Captain Marvel : 50.80m

Justice League : 46.4m

Captain America Civil War : R$43.8m

Batman vs Superman : 40.6m

Fast&Furious 8 : 38.1m

Fast&Furious 7 : 38.1m

The Avengers 2 : 37.9m

Twilight BD Part 2 : 37.4m

Suicide Squad : 35.5m

Beauty and the Beast 2017 : 34.2m

Star Wars Episode VII : 33m

Black Panther : 31m

Spider-Man Homecoming : 29.6m

Aquaman : 28.4m

Thor 3 : 26.6m

Despicable Me 3 : 26.2m

Nada a Perder : 26.1m

Logan : 25.8m

The Nun : 25.6m

Iron Man 3 : 25.5m

The Incredibles 2 : 25.2m

Deadpool : 25.2m

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 : 24.6m

Os Dez Mandamentos : 24.6m

Finding Dory : 24.4m

Wonder Woman : 24m

Jurassic World : 23.9m

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 : 23.7m

Star Wars Episode VIII : 23.6m

Fifty Shades of Grey : 23.1m

Fifty Shades of Grey 2 : 23m

Minions : 23m

Fantastic Beasts : 22m

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 : 21.8m

The Avengers : 21.7m

Deadpool 2 : 21.6m

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 : 21.1m

X-Men Apocalypse : 20.6m

Noah : 20.1m

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

It’s more than 100% above 3rd place, what a freaking gap. Record might stand for a long long time 🔥

Yeah, I don't see this record beaten for a very long time, the market will have to grow a lot for this to happen.

It reminds me of Titanic in France where the movie is still on top admissions-wise.

So $2m Wednesday for Brazil, more likely is 1.95m yesterday and then 1.93m today. Because they probably make 61.44m => 61.4m and today could be 63.37m => 63.4m. Atleast thats what I am thinking. 

Expect a big(ger) drop on Thursday to something like $1.4m jump friday and Sat should be good then near flat Sunday. 

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

So $2m Wednesday for Brazil, more likely is 1.95m yesterday and then 1.93m today. Because they probably make 61.44m => 61.4m and today could be 63.37m => 63.4m. Atleast thats what I am thinking. 

Expect a big(ger) drop on Thursday to something like $1.4m jump friday and Sat should be good then near flat Sunday. 

D6CbMTQX4AITsOr.jpg

Nope Jim, it's dead..Detective Pikachu is gonna destroy the Avengers, free fall from now on :shades:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh people, I completely forgot about Shazam with all this Endgame madness, the movie is now at $12m so it's in line with my 10-15m expectation.

Surprisingly small for a DC movie nowadays, I knew not being in Justice League was an impediment, people disagreed with me and they were wrong.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

1.5 today, slightly beat Pepsa’s guess. This third weekend with DP will really be make or break for the chances of stupid legs.

I woudn't worry about the hold now. It has taken the hit from DP today (movies open on Thursday in Brazil) now it should have a good increases on Friday / Sat and a good hold on sunday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pepsa said:

I woudn't worry about the hold now. It has taken the hit from DP today (movies open on Thursday in Brazil) now it should have a good increases on Friday / Sat and a good hold on sunday. 

I don't think DP opening could make even half of Endgame's third frame. Just a guess based on the fact that Warner didn't report OD gross and if the number was good or decent they would reported it.

Days IW EG  
OD $4,8m $7,0m  
Fri-Sun $14,3m $20m/$19m OW $26m
Monday $4,7m $3,2m/$4.2m  
Tuesday $4,7m $3,9m  
Wednesday $3,3m $6,4m  
Thursday $1,7m $3,8m  
Fri-Sun $10,8m $12.5m (-34%) WE 2 -37.3%
Monday $1,6m $2.7m  
Tuesday $1,5m $1.9m  
Wednesday $1,4m $2.0m  
Thursday $1,0m $1.5m  
Fri-Sun $6,8m *$8.25m* WE 3
Day before Holiday    

Holiday

*x* = est

Weekend was probably underestimated, the monday seems out of place. 

For this weekend I am useing a 5.5 thursday multi (same as last week in my estimate. This time I should be close, wednesday wasn't a holiday and it probably wasn't underestimated because it was $2m. So now a 5.5 multi from thursday seems doable for EG. As seen above IW did a 6.8 multi from thursday but this seems way to high for EG, with that multi EG would get $10.2m.

A $8.25m FSS would mean a drop of 34% (just for fun sake with IW's multi the drop would be 18.4%, this would be insane).

Next week EG doesn't have any extra competition so it should have another smooth drop. The week after that it probably will take a big hit (that would be it's 5th weekend + Aladin. That said I think EG will be bigger than Pika this weekend and next weekend it will be for sure (unless insane WoM). That would mean it would be the 2nd biggest movie in it's 5th weekend and that could help to keep the screen count pretty high. 

IW vs EG multipliers

WE2:  (2.32x) vs (2.18)

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I don't think DP opening could make even half of Endgame's third frame. Just a guess based on the fact that Warner didn't report OD gross and if the number was good or decent they would reported it.

True, still I am counting on it like in SK that Sat and Sun will be a lot bigger than Thursday and Friday. But I think it will end up around $3.75m.

So EG will double it mostlikely. 

Also the hit EG took on Thursday is mostlikely because of less showtimes. EG will probably earn a decent amount of showtimes back next weekend.

Edited by pepsa

I feel like the apocryphal frog boiled so slowly that they never realize just how insane the situation is. Endgame absolutely demolished the OW record here, as it did many places around the world. But whereas many places have medium-weak multipliers as a result, Endgame is legging spectacularly here, and looks to me like it might set the all time #1 lc record by over 50%.     

I think Brazil may be the market where this crazy movie is doing the craziest.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I feel like the apocryphal frog boiled so slowly that they never realize just how insane the situation is. Endgame absolutely demolished the OW record here, as it did many places around the world. But whereas many places have medium-weak multipliers as a result, Endgame is legging spectacularly here, and looks to me like it might set the all time #1 close record by over 50%.     

I think Brazil may be the market where this crazy movie is doing the craziest.

Brazil is always the craziest ;) I mean it was insane for IW and now EG is easly going over $80m

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pepsa said:

Brazil is always the craziest ;) I mean it was insane for IW and now EG is easly going over $80m

These last few years the horrible ER killed my excitement for the brazilian market to be honest but IW and Endgame revived it :)

Sure, horrible ER still here but at least the numbers are crazy enough to even give us records in USD xD

• Like 2