Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

15 hours ago, Marcos12 said:

Yes, but inflation in Brazil is big (as is market growth), Still a fantastic result.

It is not fair to compare today's movies with those of 2011.

It totally is though. Look at gross in USD relative to admissions. Exchange rates in Brazil have over-powered inflation. Go back as far as Titanic's gross 20+ years ago, ATP in dollar terms is close to that of 2019

The last time I saw a movie in a theater was more than a year ago, it was Avengers : Infinity War.

While it was an amazing movie, my favorite comicbook movie, it's also when the first (and painful) signs of anxiety crisis showed up, it was hard to breathe for example.

Since then I cured this thing but the trauma was still there and I wasn't daring going back to a theater..I tried several times since June but I couldn't...but then I really wanted to see Toy Story 4 and it was the last week to see it before they remove it from my nearest theater so I decided to do it anyway because Toy Story is really special to me, TS1 was the 1st movie I saw in a theater as a kid, TS3 is the first one that made me cry in a theater (lol) so TS4 was more than worth it.

And not only I've been fine but I really, really loved it..what a moving movie! 😭😍

As for the BO I'm glad it did well even with these damn bad ER all over the world :)

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It's honestly very pleasant to see a non-comic book movie grossing that much in Brazil for a change.

Domestic and China are the most disappointing markets for TLK. I know it's going to do $540m domestically but in comparison to some of these numbers, it's "disappointing". 

Brazil, on the other hand, did fantastically. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Domestic and China are the most disappointing markets for TLK. I know it's going to do $540m domestically but in comparison to some of these numbers, it's "disappointing". 

Brazil, on the other hand, did fantastically. 

The US performance is surprisingly low given the symbol, less surprised by China that's an unpredictable market.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 5:27 PM, Fullbuster said:

It's honestly very pleasant to see a non-comic book movie grossing that much in Brazil for a change.

Animated movies are the most successful genre in Brazil (alongside superhero movies) . and Lion King is a big classic, so I wasn't surprised..

Frozen 2 also going to be big, I think it will beat Toy Story 4.

Edited by Marcos12
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Marcos12 said:

Animated movies are the most successful genre in Brazil (alongside superhero movies) . and Lion King is a big classic, so I wasn't surprised..

Frozen 2 also going to be big, I think it will beat Toy Story 4.

Frozen did pretty well in Brazil back then but it wasn't close to a record compared to the rest oft he world so I'm not so sure..on the other hand Brazilian moviegers seem far more open to Disney/Pixar movies now that they were 6 years ago.

• Like 1

tumblr_olgk4jz2wt1tydz8to1_400.gif

OMG I took a glance at the exchange rate for the 1st time in weeks and it's at $1 = R$4.06, one of the worst ER ever!

All the gains since Bolsonaro's elections have been completely erased, or should I say it's even worse...

This ER issue lasted more than 4 years, it's like it'll never end :o

• Sad 1