Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

Wow, that's a very strong brazilian debut, I didn't expect it to do THAT well :o:o:o

Frozen 1 = $3.6m OW and it benefited from a much better exchange rate at that! Frozen 2 completely destroyed it!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Frozen 1 = $3.6m OW and it benefited from a much better exchange rate at that! Frozen 2 completely destroyed it!

Now let's go with local currency:

Frozen 1 started with R$9.6m OW, Frozen 2 started with R$41.9m! That's a massive leap!

From Deadline:

This weekend, Frozen 2 added $42.4M from 55 material offshore markets and $11.3M from 3,175 domestic locations. There were great starts in the final markets of Brazil ($10.3M), Argentina ($1.9M) and Bolivia ($600K) with each posting the highest Disney Animation openings of all time. Brazil and Argentina set new January records, and Brazil also posted the 7th best industry launch weekend ever.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Now let's go with local currency:

Frozen 1 started with R$9.6m OW, Frozen 2 started with R$41.9m! That's a massive leap!

My 150m lc predict might come true 😛 Great OW (was it a holiday weekend?) if it wasn't $38m + is locked

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

My 150m lc predict might come true 😛 Great OW (was it a holiday weekend?) if it wasn't $38m + is locked

No holiday, it's just a favorable release window for animated movies so Disney always releases its animated movies this month. it works!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Apollo2xx said:

Great number but I'm not surprised.

Should have very good legs but of course not near the first one.

Like that for most places because Frozen opening was way smaller for most. Anticipation and OW was much smaller for original

On 1/5/2020 at 3:28 PM, Fullbuster said:

Wow, that's a very strong brazilian debut, I didn't expect it to do THAT well :o:o:o

R$37,9m OW (with previews, and R$35,7m with out previews), according to Portal Exibidor.

https://www.exibidor.com.br/rankings/top-10-brasil/1453

1 dollar is R$4.05 reais (today), so it would be $9,35m.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcos12 said:

In other news, Minha mãe é uma peça 3 second weekend = R$28.4m (made $31m on OW), pretty good,  already R$70.1m total.

wow phenomenon

I won't be surprised if he passes Frozen next weekend, this movie is very strong.

• Like 1