Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

6 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

My dudes, the first day for NWH is almost completely sold out in every cinema in my city already. Fellow brazilian, an advice: If you want to watch this movie don't wait, buy it now if possible. It will be HELL finding available screenings when it releases.

Can you confirm this?

On 11/8/2021 at 12:52 PM, VenomXXR said:

I’m thinking R$200M is a nice total. Let’s go for that :) 

10 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

update on the last post: yes, it is official now. Omelete and ingresso.com have confirmed that the first 24 hours of pre-sales from NWH was 5% higher than Endgame on the same timeframe.

I tried to tell everyone…

Avengers Endgame GIF

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

@ThatWaluigiDude what is screens open situation compared to pre-pandemic & whether there are any social distancing restriction.

Is not 100% open yet, but vast majority of cinemas are open (actually, good timing: the last closed Cinemark of the country just reopened today, in Uberlandia). About restrictions is still up in some regions, either 50-80% capacity, some regions on the other hand have lifted already. São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro are working with 100% capacity with no restrictions, and that is very nice since these two are the most profitable regions. Proof of vacination to buy tickets is still mandatory though.

28 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Is not 100% open yet, but vast majority of cinemas are open (actually, good timing: the last closed Cinemark of the country just reopened today, in Uberlandia). About restrictions is still up in some regions, either 50-80% capacity, some regions on the other hand have lifted already. São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro are working with 100% capacity with no restrictions, and that is very nice since these two are the most profitable regions. Proof of vacination to buy tickets is still mandatory though.

I suppose take your time, would like to have idea in numbers.

19 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Today, Resident Evil will open with 550 screenings and Clifford with 417, Encanto remains with the most screenings this week too.

Also, after Cinemark, now the Cinépolis chain have also reopened the last few closed cinemas and is back to 100%.

Have Sony advertised Resident Evil there? I know the last film did well. 

Ranking for thursday's release for the new movies:

- Resident Evil: WTRC at 3rd

- Clifford at 5th

- King Richards at 7th

- The Ice Road at 8th

- The comeback Trail at 10th

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Have Sony advertised Resident Evil there? I know the last film did well. 

Yeah they are doing a fair share of advertisement. The Resident Evil movies usually do well here, though this new one will probably be closer to the first 3 movies's numbers.

Edited by ThatWaluigiDude
  • Thanks 1