Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

39 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

What kind of OW we are looking at 20m Real or more?

I think 20M is definitely happening. I am expecting something around R$ 22-28M 4 days, but it's a little tricky since it's not having previews.

• Like 2

For the record, those are the best openings of all time for the Disney remakes:

1 - Lion King: R$68.6M

2 - The Beauty and the Beast: R$34.9M

3 - Aladdin: R$18.5M

4 - Maleficent 2: R$18.4M

5 - Maleficent: R$13.4M

I will confess I am a LITTLE on the pessimistic side, since I'm still not fully convinced TLM can beat Aladdin's opening...we will see of course. But for most of the Disney remakes the legs speak louder than the opening.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

If its well received then 100m is possible. That is really good. 

I don't know if it will have enough gas in the tank to do that if this opens under 30M. The competition is going to be though...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

For the record, those are the best openings of all time for the Disney remakes:

1 - Lion King: R$68.6M

2 - The Beauty and the Beast: R$34.9M

3 - Aladdin: R$18.5M

4 - Maleficent 2: R$18.4M

5 - Maleficent: R$13.4M

I will confess I am a LITTLE on the pessimistic side, since I'm still not fully convinced TLM can beat Aladdin's opening...we will see of course. But for most of the Disney remakes the legs speak louder than the opening.

I think it's landing between Aladdin and The Beauty and The Beast.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

“Spider-Man: Across The Spideverse” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-07

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

2.66%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

COMPS T-07

The Little Mermaid – 0.837x

Fast X – 0.691x (3.45M)

After two better days, it came back to the exact same numbers it was doing.

“Spider-Man: Across The Spideverse” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-06

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

2.71%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

COMPS T-06

The Little Mermaid – 0.739x

Fast X – 0.577x (2.88M)

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

BTW The Flash sold on the first day of pre-sales 14 tickets and Transformers only sold 24. I've noticed all pre-sales have slowed down in my city the past few days, I wonder if it is due to too many blockbusters releasing and many movies opening their pre-sales at the same time?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

“Spider-Man: Across The Spideverse” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-06

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

2.71%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

COMPS T-06

The Little Mermaid – 0.739x

Fast X – 0.577x (2.88M)

“Spider-Man: Across The Spideverse” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-05

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

3.62%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

COMPS T-05

The Little Mermaid – 0.910x

Fast X – 0.724x (3.62M)

Fantastic day after a terrible day. If you take the mean value it's 37 tickets a day, which is a good reasonable number for 2 days of sales, both 4 and 74 are big anomalies.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

Flash is still figuring out allocation, but it has sold 45 tickets on 21 shows. Tomorrow probably everything is figured out and I will bring the complete numbers.

“The Flash” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-19

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

0.79%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

Slower start than TLM which sold 85 tickets in it's first two days, that is not a good sign at all. I guess this will have to rely on WOM to thrive.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

13 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

0.79%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

Slower start than TLM which sold 85 tickets in it's first two days, that is not a good sign at all. I guess this will have to rely on WOM to thrive.

I don't have ticket sales or anything, but I would find it very unlikely that a movie with The Flash and Batman would have a smaller opening than The Little Mermaid in Brazil, this will only happen if the reviews and WOM are bad imo.

Edited by Marcos12

2 hours ago, Marcos12 said:

I don't have ticket sales or anything, but I would find it very unlikely that a movie with The Flash and Batman would have a smaller opening than The Little Mermaid in Brazil, this will only happen if the reviews and WOM are bad imo.

I don't think it will have, the comparison with TLM is a Wednesday previews vs Thursday full day, but this is not a good pre-sales start at all. I expect the early WOM will boost it's opening to a significant degree, but people are clearly on the fence.

I'm not tracking presales but a superficial look at the one IMAX screen in my city (Fortaleza/CE), The Flash's sales for the first screening (Wednesday night previews) are way lower than Spiderverse's, but significantly better than Transformers' (which has barely sold anything). It's nice to see that we now have advance ticket sales for most movies, this used to be rare. I didn't know Spiderverse was so strong.

On 5/26/2023 at 11:25 PM, Flamengo81 said:

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

0.79%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

“The Flash” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-18

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

1.02%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

I don't think it will have, the comparison with TLM is a Wednesday previews vs Thursday full day, but this is not a good pre-sales start at all. I expect the early WOM will boost it's opening to a significant degree, but people are clearly on the fence.

I mean, The Little Mermaid is a full blown family film. Also one that connects with a lot of Black Brazilians. I don’t think Flash opens below The Little Mermaid either, but I wouldn’t say it’s impossible. There is a LOT of buzz I’ve been noticing for The Little Mermaid on my social bubble. More so than either Across the Spider-Verse or Flash when it comes to Brazilians I follow.

On 5/26/2023 at 11:06 PM, Flamengo81 said:

“Spider-Man: Across The Spideverse” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-05

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

3.62%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

COMPS T-05

The Little Mermaid – 0.910x

Fast X – 0.724x (3.62M)

Fantastic day after a terrible day. If you take the mean value it's 37 tickets a day, which is a good reasonable number for 2 days of sales, both 4 and 74 are big anomalies.

“Spider-Man: Across The Spideverse” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-04

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

4.18%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

COMPS T-04

The Little Mermaid – 0.974x

Fast X – 0.757x (3.78M)

Probably the last day when the Fast X will go up since it skyrocketed from here. Otherwise a good day and on par with the mean number of the last two days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Also one that connects with a lot of Black Brazilians

I don't know if this has any proper weight outside of twitter though. Brazil is not the USA, in the sense that it does not have a "black community" with similar culture and sense of unity like the USA. I don't think this will have much impact on it's box office, it will play like a regular Disney remake (excluding The Lion King which is miles ahead).

1 minute ago, Flamengo81 said:

I don't know if this has any proper weight outside of twitter though. Brazil is not the USA, in the sense that it does not have a "black community" with similar culture and sense of unity like the USA. I don't think this will have much impact on it's box office, it will play like a regular Disney remake (excluding The Lion King which is miles ahead).

Black Panther’s performance around here would say otherwise, isn’t it? I mean how many of our best artists have music directly quoting Black Panther? Emicida, Baco Exu do Blues, etc? I think there is more of a "black community" around here than you realize, my friend.

9 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Black Panther’s performance around here would say otherwise, isn’t it? I mean how many of our best artists have music directly quoting Black Panther? Emicida, Baco Exu do Blues, etc? I think there is more of a "black community" around here than you realize, my friend.

Black Panther did great indeed, but it was in line with other MCU movies and not a phenomenon. It was FAR from the US performance even in relative terms. Here the movie is at 16th all-time with a 43M difference to the 50th, meanwhile domestic it's number 6 with a 214M difference to the 20th. The Little Mermaid will also perform much better domestic than over here. Also, I don't want to turn this about a big race issue, but at least box-office wise, which is what we discuss over here, there is clearly a difference between the "black community" in the US and in Brazil.