Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

for those trying to justify HTTY2 second weekend drop some weeks ago, DOFP fucking increased in the World Cup final

You mean the WC final were Brazil was playing on saturday and no one wanted to see it after the rout? Also, they were playing for the third place, no one cares about third place.

And Argentina x Germany on sunday that no one is rotting for? Both humiliated Brazil each in a different way.

With these games, I could see people going to the theater instead of been in home to watch it.

Edited by xSabrinax

the title of the thread is kind of misleading, FIOS already surpassed Maleficent in admissions and FIOS also outsold Maleficent by 50% last weekend.

Oh? interesting to know :) So that means Maleficent has higher price tickets.However it's not misleading,we use numbers in dollars,people can understand this way and we can make international comparisons.

Oh? interesting to know :) So that means Maleficent has higher price tickets.However it's not misleading,we use numbers in dollars,people can understand this way and we can make international comparisons.

Well, Maleficent is in 3D. In a lot of places it's only playing in 3D, there's no 2D option.  -_-

US comedies in Brazil (2008-2014)The Hangover 2 : 16.9mThe Hangover 3 : 16.3mJust Go With It : 11.7mEat Pray Love : 10.4mThe Hangover : 8.9mTed : 8.8mKnight and Day : 8.7mMr Popper's Penguins : 8.5mGrown Ups : 7.7mAmerican Reunion : 7.6mGrown Ups 2 : 7.3mFriends with Benefits : 7mYes Man : 5.3mThis Means War : 5.28mBad Teacher 4.4mSex and the City : 4.3m No Strings Attached : 3.3mThe Dictator : 3.2mSex and the City 2 : 3.2mWe're the Millers : 2.8mScary Movie : 2.6m

• Like 2

I didn't expect these numbers for US comedies,I thought they were not successful,but these numbers are quite good,that will become a great market for them :)Just Go With It in 3rd place is impressive,but the sexy Jennifer Aniston deserves it :)

• Like 2

Interesting,on Adorocinema Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is more anticipated than Transformers 4.

I really have a good feeling about it,I really hope this great movie can crush everything on its path and surprise us,being first by passing Maleficient would be the icing on the cake :D

Right after Dragon 2 opened to $6m I thought $25m was a lock, then came that huge drop and looked like it would finish under $20m, but then stabilized fairly well and now will finish over $20m. Not bad, I'm happy with that.

• Like 2

Right after Dragon 2 opened to $6m I thought $25m was a lock, then came that huge drop and looked like it would finish under $20m, but then stabilized fairly well and now will finish over $20m. Not bad, I'm happy with that.

You see Sabrina? Tupek shows the way :D
  • Like 1