Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

I only watched it a few years ago and didn't love it and I was so frustrated, because everyone else loves this damn movie.

The thing is, when you're a poor child in a poor state in Brazil, you won't grow up watching Disney movies, because they are rarely shown on broadcast television. Maybe that's why others love it and I don't, they have the nostalgia factor    :ph34r:

WHen it was released in cinemas back then it was something completely different from everything we saw before, and it's sad to see some young Brazilians can't grow with Disney movies because it's a wonderful experience when you're a kid, and you're generally loyal once you're an adult. Honestly I watched it again 2 or 3 years ago and it didn't age at all for me, that's still very beautiful and moving. That's really weird to see you don't like it, I never saw someone not liking it, it's pretty much the perfect animated movie! But hey, you can't control your tastes..

• Like 1

IDK which movie I most watched when I was a kid: TLK or TS1

Toy Story 1 is my second favorite animated movie, it completely shocked me when I watched it in a cinema when it was released, the first CGI animated movie and it was absolutely incredible back then, I will never forget, it was so huge :o

WHen it was released in cinemas back then it was something completely different from everything we saw before, and it's sad to see some young Brazilians can't grow with Disney movies because it's a wonderful experience when you're a kid, and you're generally loyal once you're an adult. Honestly I watched it again 2 or 3 years ago and it didn't age at all for me, that's still very beautiful and moving. That's really weird to see you don't like it, I never saw someone not liking it, it's pretty much the perfect animated movie! But hey, you can't control your tastes..

Yeah, there's people who don't like Man Of Steel, there's even people who called The Man from UNCLE mediocre. Imagine that    :ph34r:

That's so true! I used to be obsessed with Pixar movies when I was a kid, and I still obsessed :wub:

• Like 1

Yeah, there's people who don't like Man Of Steel, there's even people who called The Man from UNCLE mediocre. Imagine that    :ph34r:

I don't know about Man from UNCLE, I didn"t watch it so I won't comment on it, but Im ust admit I never understood why some people didn't like it compared to other superheroes movies, I mean this final battle against Zod was the most unbelievable battle I have ever saw, it was like Dragon Ball Z battles but in a live-action movie, something I thought impossible before watching it. 

• Like 1

Toy Story 1 is my second favorite animated movie, it completely shocked me when I watched it in a cinema when it was released, the first CGI animated movie and it was absolutely incredible back then, I will never forget, it was so huge :o

I loved Toy Story 3    :ph34r:

That's so true! I used to be obsessed with Pixar movies when I was a kid, and I still obsessed :wub:

Of course, when you watch so many wonderful movies you just can't forget, particularly when there is such a winning streak with no movie being bad, how many studios can do that? Apart from Ghibli I don't know.

I cried in the four times that I watched IO.

Damn, 4 times, you're hardcore...I watched it once and it's enough despite I absolutely loved it. But I watched it alone so I will watch it again for Christmas with my family, they'll love it very much that's for sure :)

Do you watch movies alone in cinema? Don't you feel uncomfortable?

Well, this summer I watched 2 movies : I watched Jurassic World with friends and Inside Out alone, if my friends don't want to watch a movie or don't want to watch it at the same time I want to watch it I have no reason to make me suffer, don't you think? :P It's not a problem to watch a movie alone, particularly when it's not always the case.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1