Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Good lists, Fullbuster. Thank you :)

There is not info about older animated films like The Lion King? I know Adorocinema web and it is good for recent films but I am not able to find data for older films.

It is not even in the Top 50 of biggest movies here, and even two Alvin movies are in that list :ph34r: :ph34r:

Good lists, Fullbuster. Thank you :)

There is not info about older animated films like The Lion King? I know Adorocinema web and it is good for recent films but I am not able to find data for older films.

If I had them I would have added them to the list, it's very difficult to find numbers from before 2004..It was a very small market before that given price tickets were very low back then and there was a clear lack of data...I just know Finding Nemo (2003) got 4.8m admissions, with ticket prices from this year the movie probably got something like R$10-15m, for The Lion King it's probably even lower, lower than R$10m.

• Like 1

FD will surpass this shit, I hope

Difficult to say...Finding Nemo got 4.8m admissions in 2003 but it was a very different era, will people want to watch a sequel? Will young people from 2016 be interested in it? Given their current tastes I have doubts :ph34r: Plus, it would need to get 8.6m admissions (if we take inflation into account) to have the same gross in R$...That will be difficult, Minions did that but it had to involve very popular characters from a famous franchise. I have real hopes when it comes to Toy Story 4 though, if they really add Marvel and Star Wars toys in it that will be HUGE gien Toy Story is already popular.

Difficult to say...Finding Nemo got 4.8m admissions in 2003 but it was a very different era, will people want to watch a sequel? Will young people from 2016 be interested in it? Given their current tastes I have doubts :ph34r: Plus, it would need to get 8.6m admissions (if we take inflation into account) to have the same gross in R$...That will be difficult, Minions did that but it had to involve very popular characters from a famous franchise. I have real hopes when it comes to Toy Story 4 though, if they really add Marvel and Star Wars toys in it that will be HUGE gien Toy Story is already popular.

FN was bigger than TS1/2 here, actually, it was the biggest animation movie here for some time iirc, FD is locked to surpass TS3, IMO

FN was bigger than TS1/2 here, actually, it was the biggest animation movie here for some time iirc, FD is locked to surpass TS3, IMO

That won't be difficult, with the same number of admissions than Finding Nemo and the average ticket price Minions got FD could get R$60m, far ahead of TS3's R$42m. However TS1/TS2 numbers are far lower than TS3's so the jump has been huge, TS4 is the real deal : with Marvel/SW characters + the growing popularity of TS as a franchise I can easily see it beyond R$100m.

That won't be difficult, with the same number of admissions than Finding Nemo and the average ticket price Minions got FD could get R$60m, far ahead of TS3's R$42m. However TS1/TS2 numbers are far lower than TS3's so the jump has been huge, TS4 is the real deal : with Marvel/SW characters + the growing popularity of TS as a franchise I can easily see it beyond R$100m.

What was the jump that TS3 got from TS2?

How's the buzz for MJ2 there btw?

In Hungary? In admissions every installment increased, MJ1 had the 2nd biggest OW behind Hobbit with 100k+ admissions. The movie finished around 250k, MJ2 will definitely hit 300k in admissions, maybe 350.  And this time we'll have 3D too, so more $. Top 10 of the year for sure. Btw the hungarian voice of Katniss sucks.

• Like 1

In Hungary? In admissions every installment increased, MJ1 had the 2nd biggest OW behind Hobbit with 100k+ admissions. The movie finished around 250k, MJ2 will definitely hit 300k in admissions, maybe 350. And this time we'll have 3D too, so more $. Top 10 of the year for sure. Btw the hungarian voice of Katniss sucks.

What's the biggest OW of year?

What was the jump that TS3 got from TS2?

I don't have the numbers, but the gross was clearly lower, otherwise we would know it, and it would be in the top 50 of all-time. TS3 got 4.3m admissions, slightly less than FN. Toy Story was clearly under R$10m, that's all we know; So that means TS3 increased four-fold over TS1. But that doesn't change the fact (I will repeat AGAIN) that TS4 is very likely to have Marvel and Star Wars characters, that will strongly increased the popularity of the movie, given how popular Marvel is in Brazil I'm pretty that would be an unbeatable combination for a very long time, I can see it beating Minions.

I don't have the numbers, but the gross was clearly lower, otherwise we would know it, and it would be in the top 50 of all-time. TS3 got 4.3m admissions, slightly less than FN. Toy Story was clearly under R$10m, that's all we know; So that means TS3 increased four-fold over TS1. But that doesn't change the fact (I will repeat AGAIN) that TS4 is very likely to have Marvel and Star Wars characters, that will strongly increased the popularity of the movie, given how popular Marvel is in Brazil I'm pretty that would be an unbeatable combination for a very long time, I can see it beating Minions.

Stop with this, TS4 will increase but not because of Marvel or SW characters, it's like saying that LEGO was a success because of Batman, lol

Stop with this, TS4 will increase but not because of Marvel or SW characters, it's like saying that LEGO was a success because of Batman, lol

TS4 would increase anyway, but there is no doubt it will increase even more with that, that's just plain obvious, anyone thinking that won't help it a lot definitely doesn't live in the real world :ph34r: