Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Jogos Vorazes é líder absoluto no fim de semana

23 nov 15

Longa arrecadou estimados R$ 20,8 milhões de quinta a domingo, o que o coloca como a sexta maior abertura do ano. Público estimado já encosta no do último James Bond. Público deve ficar um pouco abaixo do episódio anterior.

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 1

So, MJ2 got less admissions than MJ1, that's now confirmed, and that's what Sabrina suspected, All hail Queen Sabrina! :lol:

MJ1 got 1.9 million admissions in 4 days, MJ2 got 1.6 million admissions in the same 4-day period.

When it comes to the Brazilian BO it's the biggest disappointement of the year :wacko:

19 minutes ago, misafeco said:

I think weekend is Thu-Sun in countries where most movies open on Thursday.

I know but it was always weird to me not to talk them into account given people who watch the movie mostly won't watch it during the OW, unless they're huge fans a la Raphael :D

Edited by Fullbuster

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I know but it was always weird to me not to tak them into account given people who watch the movie mostly won't watch it during the OW, unless they're huge fans a la Raphael :D

So what are the 5 day numbers? $6.8M?

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Apparently they'll be showing the Star Wars movies on broadcast tv which is very rare here. Episode 1 will air this weekend:

The buzz is real, Fullbuster. Our only movie magazine gave Star Wars 7 its November cover, not MJ2.  :ph34r:

OMG :o It's wonderful to read this dear Napo :lol: I feel SW7 will do pretty well and will beat our expectations, for many young people SW7 could be the new trendy YA franchise in some way, you can feel that with Rei as the main character along with Finn :)

However it's a mistake to start by episode I (1999), the first movie is Episode IV (1978), still a good initiative though..

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

OMG :o It's wonderful to read this dear Napo :lol: I feel SW7 will do pretty well and will beat our expectations, for many young people SW7 could be the new trendy YA franchise in some way, you can feel that with Rei as the main character along with Finn :)

However it's a mistake to start by episode I (1999), the first movie is Episode IV (1978), still a good initiative though..

Yeah, the new trilogy is not that good, but I think it has a broader appeal, at least here in Brazil, and specially with kids.

35 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Yeah, the new trilogy is not that good, but I think it has a broader appeal, at least here in Brazil, and specially with kids.

Possible, we'll see. They should show the TV show Star Wars Rebels, that's pretty great and kids would love that.

This recent trilogy (Ep I to III) has a serious lack of humor though, episode IV to VI were kinda funny :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Did you see this, Fullbuster?

Yes, several months ago but I won't be able to watch it right away because I didn't watch Arrow season 2 to 4 yet, and The Flash season 2 so I'm a bit late and given that they're all linked...But that's exciting for sure :)

For this week and next I'll focus on Jessica Jones ^^

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

goddamn, MJ2 dropped almost 20% in admissions despite having one extra day.

That's something I never saw coming, not in Brazil...Maybe is it the effect of the crisis? Higher unemployment, lower standards of living...That could affect it.

Edited by Fullbuster