Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Today we have the Critic Choice Awards, and the Queen was nominated for both JOY and MJ2, what was the last time that JLO was nominated to a relevant award? (PCA/TCA/KCA are not relevant) 

She was the first woman to win the Billboard Icon Award.

I forgot to tell ya, there's a girl I've met on a site about TV shows. She's from my city, we have a lot of shows in common and she doesn't seem to be the type of girl who have much social life too :ph34r: But she's pretty. Do you think I should start talking with her, and maybe ask her out? I've never met with someone this way.

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I forgot to tell ya, there's a girl I've met on a site about TV shows. She's from my city, we have a lot of shows in common and she doesn't seem to be the type of girl who have much social life too :ph34r: But she's pretty. Do you think I should start talking with her, and maybe ask her out? I've never met with someone this way.

She already saw you? 

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

LMFAO!

This is not a shade, I'm serious, the world is full of futile persons, maybe she won't want you after seeing you....

She didn't see me because I use a Batman v Superman poster as my profile picture, but she don't use a picture of hers too. The reason I know how she looks is because I found her Instagram page :lol: :ph34r: 

If she doesn't like me that's okay, the world is full of women  :redcapes:

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

She didn't see me because I use a Batman v Superman poster as my profile picture, but she don't use a picture of hers too. The reason I know how she looks is because I found her Instagram page :lol: :ph34r: 

If she doesn't like me that's okay, the world is full of women  :redcapes:

You still a great stalker, I see, sadly you never found me 

the world is full of men too 

On 13/1/2016 at 11:29 PM, Napoleon said:

I have no doubt it will be a box office success, I'm just not sure it will be good based on that first trailer. But I'm definitely going to watch it and I hope it surprises me  :D

I'm not worried because TWS was great :) I hope you'll be surprised ;)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I read that IURD is GIVING tickets to ppl to see Os Dez Mandamentos, is this true? wtf

But it was obvious that the church was buying the tickets. It's impossible for this "movie" to have sold 1,5 million tickets in pre-sales in a normal way. The church is buying the tickets and giving away or reselling inside the churchs. It's the same thing they did with Edir Macedo's and Andressa Urach's books: sales in book stores were minimal, yet there were reports of them having sold millions of copies.

This isn't generating that kind of interest in general audiences. It's all PR. This church is incredible rich, they invested over R$ 3 billion on TV Record over the last decade without caring to earn that money back. It's really not surprising what they're doing.

59 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

While I seriously doubt it will be that huge I'm curious to see where it goes, since I created this thread I saw no big local movies...

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

But it was obvious that the church was buying the tickets. It's impossible for this "movie" to have sold 1,5 million tickets in pre-sales in a normal way. The church is buying the tickets and giving away or reselling inside the churchs. It's the same thing they did with Edir Macedo's and Andressa Urach's books: sales in book stores were minimal, yet there were reports of them having sold millions of copies.

This isn't generating that kind of interest in general audiences. It's all PR. This church is incredible rich, they invested over R$ 3 billion on TV Record over the last decade without caring to earn that money back. It's really not surprising what they're doing.

Seriously, this movie's hype is only due to the Church? Quite crazy but as you said it's not coming from general audiences. And the Church doesnn't have something better to do in a country in its worst crisis since 1901????? That would be unthinkable here, reminds me of the Mormons in the US :P