Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

But it was obvious that the church was buying the tickets. It's impossible for this "movie" to have sold 1,5 million tickets in pre-sales in a normal way. The church is buying the tickets and giving away or reselling inside the churchs. It's the same thing they did with Edir Macedo's and Andressa Urach's books: sales in book stores were minimal, yet there were reports of them having sold millions of copies.

This isn't generating that kind of interest in general audiences. It's all PR. This church is incredible rich, they invested over R$ 3 billion on TV Record over the last decade without caring to earn that money back. It's really not surprising what they're doing.

Well, they're really smart, that's for sure, I can't wait to see the numbers, it is the movie with the biggest potential to break the BD2 record 

The real, which lost the most among all major currencies last year, is forecast to further devalue to 4.25 per U.S. dollar by the end of this year and to 4.3 per dollar by the end-2017. The real gained 0.4 percent to 4.0338 per dollar at 9:20 a.m. local time.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-18/brazil-analysts-forecast-7-inflation-in-2016-as-real-weakens

That's extremely bad and worrying...

Edited by Fullbuster

As you certainly noticed I'm much less around here than before..And that's not about to change, I'm extremely busy! But I'll come from time to time, I won't forget you guys even if I don't post every week.

Sadly enough I won't miss a lot, with such an exchange rate and collapsing economy the Brazilian BO is sure to be boring for at least the 2 years to come, sad given it had such a potential.

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

very bad exchange rate : 1$ = R$4.03

it's even worse than last year, movies will suffer even more in 2016.

This year will suffer a HUGE drop in the BO, there's not just the economy that is bad, but also the movies, there are zero interesting movies compared to: MJ2/F7/MJ2/A2/50S/MJ2/Minnions/SW7/MJ2 

this year will be a disaster, just bring 2017 already 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Weird choice for Lex Luthor, usually Lex is bald and seems to have the same age than Clark, here not really..

He looks incredible in the last trailer, though. Seems to be a terrific version of the character. But I wish they don't take more unnecessary risks like this in the next movies, it could go terribly wrong.

I don't think the movie's hype is only because of the Church. The tv show did get much higer ratings than expected, there is a lot of awereness for this movie, but only from the TV show fans, I guess.

it's IURD though lol i really can't sympathize with them and i wouldn't be surprised if they are doing that, theyre probably the richest religious institution in the country

19 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Go and see Spotlight, Napoleon. 

It's a great movie, church is going to buy a lot of tickets, and throw them away. 

I already watched it. There were some people (around 8 people) leaving the room after a few minutes the movie started, I wonder if they were catholics that bought the ticket without checking what it was about :ph34r: 

9 hours ago, JohnnY said:

I don't think the movie's hype is only because of the Church. The tv show did get much higer ratings than expected, there is a lot of awereness for this movie, but only from the TV show fans, I guess.

THIS.

I'm watching the movie, and I'm not from church, I just loved the TV show.

Also, there was a survey a while back saying that only 20% or 30% of the soap opera audience were religious.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. My mother is a religious, yet she doesn't watch the TV show because she don't like the changes they make from the bible.

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I just watched Steve Jobs and Carol. Both great movies. A bit flawed, but still great, beautiful, inspiring movies. 

I'm surprised that these movies was released there at all, I thought you guys only received blockbusters

I'm going to watch both Carol and JOY on Saturday, super hyped 

24 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm surprised that these movies was released there at all, I thought you guys only received blockbusters

I'm going to watch both Carol and JOY on Saturday, super hyped 

You didn't watch Joy yet?