Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Yeah, it was the 4th biggest OW in admissions, with the first 3 being:

Twilight 4 - 3,1M

Avengers 2 - 2,3M

Furious 7 - 2,2M

It could still end up in #2 when final numbers are revealed.

Star Wars 7 had 1,8M.

All that data I got from here: http://www.adorocinema.com/noticias/filmes/noticia-119015/

What did I tell you?

Decreased from estimates.

Bilhetes
Bilhetes totais
Semana
2.119.873 2.119.873 1

I feel so brazilian right now, I do already know how your market works :P

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Yeah, and we can't forget that both mj movies performed with a shitty ER.

Basically, the difference between MJ1 and 2 was in the OW, then MP2 recovered in its second weekend.

SW didn't affect its performance.

MJ1 had ~50% of all screens of here. It's understandable MJ2 have done less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Just saw that the Queen was nominated for a Latin Billboard Award. This woman is unstoppable.

serious, I have to agree about one thing: this woman has the best management of history, I mean, after so many years of flops, any artist would be already dead for the industry, but this woman keep receiving these things (and God knows how.....), it's truly amazing how her management keeps her relevance after she flopping in every single possible area, sadly that him can't make ppl buy her albums or watch her movies too........

4 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

serious, I have to agree about one thing: this woman has the best management of history, I mean, after so many years of flops, any artist would be already dead for the industry, but this woman keep receiving these things (and God knows how.....), it's truly amazing how her management keeps her relevance after she flopping in every single possible area, sadly that him can't make ppl buy her albums or watch her movies too........

I don't know what you're talking about.

Her last commercial album Love sold over 1 million copies worldwide and another 1 million albums worth in streamings. Her fan-exclusive album A.K.A. have sales and streams worth a Gold certification.

Her last movie earned more than 13x its budget on box office. And she has earned over $2,5 billion dollars in box office so far.

Her TV series has been #1 in the timeslot since its premiere. This Thursday, the whole primetime was won by a JLo show (American Idol from 8 to 10PM, and Shades Of Blue from 10 to 11PM). Shades Of Blue also improved the NBC ratings in the timeslot by around 50%.

8 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

No, it's not, MJ2 had obligation to do more since it was the final movie and had 3D, but oh well......

18 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Final numbers for THG Franchise in Brazil

thgbrazil.png

MJ1 would not do what it did with only ~30% of all screens, as had MJ2MJ2 would have obligation to do more if it had ~50% of all screen again.

How 3D would help MJ2 attendance? "Buy 1 ticket for MJ2 3D shows and get other free"?

Edited by alisson23

27 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

MJ1 would not do what it did with only ~30% of all screens, as had MJ2MJ2 would have obligation to do more if it had ~50% of all screen again.

How 3D would help MJ2 attendance? "Buy 1 ticket for MJ2 3D shows and get other free"?

I'm talking about the total in R$, not ADMs

and this excuse of 50% screens is stupid as hell, nobody would watch a movie just because it was the 'only option', especially the third installment of a franchise, MJ2 had obligation to do more and period, SW7 didn't need 50% of every screen to make more than all the previous movies here, and unlike THG, this shit was never big here 

38 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I don't know what you're talking about.

Her last commercial album Love sold over 1 million copies worldwide and another 1 million albums worth in streamings. Her fan-exclusive album A.K.A. have sales and streams worth a Gold certification.

Her last movie earned more than 13x its budget on box office. And she has earned over $2,5 billion dollars in box office so far.

Her TV series has been #1 in the timeslot since its premiere. This Thursday, the whole primetime was won by a JLo show (American Idol from 8 to 10PM, and Shades Of Blue from 10 to 11PM). Shades Of Blue also improved the NBC ratings in the timeslot by around 50%.

Ok, now let's go to reality:

Her last album sold 150k WW, one of the biggest flops of history 

TBND was a medium hit after 3 flops 

this TV series already dropped hard in the second episode 

bonus: her Las Vegas residence didn't have any sell out yet even after one year of promotion

5 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Ok, now let's go to reality:

Her last album sold 150k WW, one of the biggest flops of history 

TBND was a medium hit after 3 flops 

this TV series already dropped hard in the second episode 

bonus: her Las Vegas residence didn't have any sell out yet even after one year of promotion

Her last album was a limited release just for the fans, of course it wouldn't set the charts on fire.

The Boy Next Door was a massive hit for its budget.

All TV shows have a big drop in week two. 

The ticket for her Vegas residency are too expensive.