Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Warcraft's OW : $2.8m, similar to Angry Birds. With the competition from XMA and Teenage Mutants / Finding Dory it's unlikely to reach $10m, but who knows?

I hope so, it was fun enough to deserve it.

OMG!

Civil War reached R$141.8m, very close to FF7 that is the second biggest movie ever there with 142.5m. The highest-grossing is Avengers 2 with R$146.2m.

Civil War went well beyond my first expectations! :D

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I guess superhero movies are still as strong as ever over here. Legs aren't as bad as in other places.

And it's certainly not over, I expect a lot from The Avengers 3 and Justice League. Wonder Woman and Black Panther could defy expectations as well.

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

And it's certainly not over, I expect a lot from The Avengers 3 and Justice League. Wonder Woman and Black Panther could defy expectations as well.

I certainly hope so. DC could use a win lol

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I'm certain Batman vs Superman was just a misstep, it's gonna be fine :)

I really enjoyed it but I get your point.

This weekend in Brazil sounds like crap, I don't even know what's opening. NYSM2 I guess? Oh, and Conjuring2, but I don't watch horror movies, so. Sounds like a boring weekend at the movies.

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I really enjoyed it but I get your point.

This weekend in Brazil sounds like crap, I don't even know what's opening. NYSM2 I guess? Oh, and Conjuring2, but I don't watch horror movies, so. Sounds like a boring weekend at the movies.

Not a personal opinion about BVS, I didn't watch it...But it's the dominant force on the web, that's how it is..

1 minute ago, tesjkg44 said:

Does the Copa America usually have an impact on the box office? That and Euro might have some quiet box office outside US for the next few weeks

Good point, the Euro has nothing to do with Brazil so I don't know. Olympics in Brazil  could have a bigger impact, the World Cup in Brazil had an impact back then.

20 minutes ago, tesjkg44 said:

Does the Copa America usually have an impact on the box office? That and Euro might have some quiet box office outside US for the next few weeks

Nah, it should be pretty minimal. People aren't nearly as hyped for it as for the Olympics. Only the time-frame of Brazil's games should have some impact but even then most people would just go before or afterwards. Brazilians aren't very interested in other national teams, it's not like Europe in that regard.

Olympics will have a bigger impact for obvious reasons. I'm actually curious about its impact on Box Office myself. Is there any data on the Brazilian World Cup impact?

18 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Nah, it should be pretty minimal. People aren't nearly as hyped for it as for the Olympics. Only the time-frame of Brazil's games should have some impact but even then most people would just go before or afterwards. Brazilians aren't very interested in other national teams, it's not like Europe in that regard.

Olympics will have a bigger impact for obvious reasons. I'm actually curious about its impact on Box Office myself. Is there any data on the Brazilian World Cup impact?

No but I was here on this thread and I can tell you How To Train Your Dragon 2 suffered from it even if it still did relatively well in the end.

• Like 1

I can say people won't care about Olympic Games here. I know I don't care and I won't care once it gets started.

The country is sick, really sick. It's bleeding like crazy, thanks to the corruption, violence and politicians.  I live in Rio and it's shocking to see so much money being spent for stuff that will be forgotten in the next months.

Our hospitals are broken and lacking money. People are dying because some hospitals are overloaded with more and more people who come from other places ( because these places also lack resources ). 

We can barely leave with our families, without being afraid of being robbed, attacked and harassed by hobos. The fear is there, and it comes to stay. No sane person would feel good by coming to a country full of diseases ( Zika virus is just a tiny example ). 

That being said, cinemas are full today. I bought my ticket for Warcraft and hellllllllllllll, what was that? I could barely walk, lol. I can't wait. Unfortunately my kids can't watch it, yet ( they are way too young ) and wife doesn't like movies based on games ( she's biased because she loves Resident Evil, so I called her out of her BS,lol ). So, I'll be going by myself. Hopefully it's good.

• Like 3