Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, Brazil got its revenge over Germany :P

Not really, in football the World Cup is what matters, the Olympics is just a minor competition. If Brazil wants revenge, they are going to have to do it in a World Cup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tower said:

Not really, in football the World Cup is what matters, the Olympics is just a minor competition. If Brazil wants revenge, they are going to have to do it in a World Cup.

Well, it's still a good start :P

• Like 1

Don't know if IMAX is any relevant to box office here but SS lost the IMAX screens to that Ben Hur remake this weekend, after just 2 weekends. It would be funny if they get SS back next weekend, before Star Trek opens the weekend after. I doubt that crap made more money for them than SS would have done this weekend. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Don't know if IMAX is any relevant to box office here but SS lost the IMAX screens to that Ben Hur remake this weekend, after just 2 weekends. It would be funny if they get SS back next weekend, before Star Trek opens the weekend after. I doubt that crap made more money for them than SS would have done this weekend. :lol:

Ben-Hur opened with 2.5m.

• Like 1

That would mean R$86m, that is under my expectations (90-94m) so I'm a bit disappointed. While its weekend was good enough the weekdays were probably a bit weak.

But anyway it will pass R$100m.

However it's less likely to pass Star Wars VII and Finding Dory.

16 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, Brazil got its revenge over Germany :P

^^

6 goals more and they maybe would have - but even for one they needed Neymar falling pathetically :P

But now that Olympics are ending, can we say that it had literally no impact at all at the BO?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Aristis said:

^^

6 goals more and they maybe would have - but even for one they needed Neymar falling pathetically :P

But now that Olympics are ending, can we say that it had literally no impact at all at the BO?

Yep, the impact was very limited at best ^^

• Like 1

The DC Entertainment adaptation opened in Germany with a chart-topping $6.8m and a 50% market share of the top five films, while its leading holdover came in Brazil as it retained the top spot with $3m for $27.8m.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

The DC Entertainment adaptation opened in Germany with a chart-topping $6.8m and a 50% market share of the top five films, while its leading holdover came in Brazil as it retained the top spot with $3m for $27.8m.

Aaaah $27.8m is clearly a better number!!

I'm not disappointed anymore given I expected 28m, and it's now around R$90m so good ;)