Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

13 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Ice Age 5 reached R$70m, good number but clearly under IA3&4, Dory's competition has been brutal.

That's still much better than I expected from this movie, specially with competition from Dory.

What's more surprising to me though, is how much money the 4th movie made worldwide. It already seemed a pointless sequel like this one does.

If the massive drop Ice Age 5 experienced is a sign that people are less tolerant of pointless sequels, and not just tired of this franchise specifically, then things don't look good for Transformers :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

That's still much better than I expected from this movie, specially with competition from Dory.

What's more surprising to me though, is how much money the 4th movie made worldwide. It already seemed a pointless sequel like this one does.

If the massive drop Ice Age 5 experienced is a sign that people are less tolerant of pointless sequels, and not just tired of this franchise specifically, then things don't look good for Transformers :ph34r:

Transformers 4 was declining almost everywhere else, Brazil is one of the few countries where it got an increase.

But TF5 could have a hard time, at least in USD. Well, we'll see.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Was Pets pushed? Because IMDB says it's coming to Brazil after tomorrow...

No you're right, my mistake 0_o

With Pets and The Shallows you can be sure Suicide Squad will suffer a bit more than usual, and that's also the end of the road for Dory and IA5, they stayed in the top 10 for so long, Dory was fabulous.

Excited to see Pets numbers, but probably not as much as MinaTakla :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

No you're right, my mistake 0_o

With Pets and The Shallows you can be sure Suicide Squad will suffer a bit more than usual, and that's also the end of the road for Dory and IA5, they stayed in the top 10 for so long, Dory was fabulous.

Excited to see Pets numbers, but probably not as much as MinaTakla :P

Exactly! :):) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Releases of the week : The Shallows and Café Society.

The Shallows will probably take SS's top spot.

How do you think SLOP, Shallows and Cafe Society will open? I think SLOP will open huge just because it's done so in almost every other market lol But I was wondering if there are projections for it or previews that might indicate the type of opening its looking at? 

3 hours ago, Nova said:

How do you think SLOP, Shallows and Cafe Society will open? I think SLOP will open huge just because it's done so in almost every other market lol But I was wondering if there are projections for it or previews that might indicate the type of opening its looking at? 

From what I know there is no such thing. SLOP is not easy to predict but an OW around R$15-20m is likely, around $6m. With a weak competition for weeks it could surprise us.

For The Shallows I expect a modest start, nothing amazing...

Café Society is likely to bomb hard...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

From what I know there is no such thing. SLOP is not easy to predict but an OW around R$15-20m is likely, around $6m. With a weak competition for weeks it could surprise us.

For The Shallows I expect a modest start, nothing amazing...

Café Society is likely to bomb hard...

Sweet! Thanks for the info! Here's hoping SLOP has a nice run with the little competition it has. 1B WW needs to happen.

In regards to the shallows I'm personally not expecting much. Anything it makes now is icing on the cake. 

Cafe Society....I had no idea it was getting international release dates. It had a limited release here in the states so not surprised it's gonna bomb hard. 

• Like 1

Sony is probably hoping for social media to create buzz for The Shallows, it had previews the last two Saturdays and they sent a gift to Youtubers to promote the movie. Blake Lively is also well known among young people here thanks to Gossip Girl. The show is very popular on Netflix currently too. I hope the movie does well here, I love her :wub: and the movie looks awesome.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Sony is probably hoping for social media to create buzz for The Shallows, it had previews the last two Saturdays and they sent a gift to Youtubers to promote the movie. Blake Lively is also well known among young people here thanks to Gossip Girl. The show is very popular on Netflix currently too. I hope the movie does well here, I love her :wub: and the movie looks awesome.

Well, a run similar to Me Before You would be a nice surprise ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It's funny you say that because I feel like Blake Lively is actually more well known internationally like in Europe and Brazil than she is in the states. I'm thinking it's because of Gossip Girl like you've mentioned and her fashion status. I just remember reading an interview with one of Ryan Reynolds' directors and he said he never knew Ryan's wife was as popular as she was and only realized it when she showed up to Cannes with him. But hey Napoleon, maybe we can finally bond over our mutual love for Mrs. Reynolds :wub:

40 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, a run similar to Me Before You would be a nice surprise ;)

One can hope. :P But heck id take half its run....anything positive actually lol 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nova said:

Cafe Society....I had no idea it was getting international release dates. It had a limited release here in the states so not surprised it's gonna bomb hard. 

Woody Allen movies usually make decent money in Europe, Cafe Society has already made 7M in France alone.