Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

6 hours ago, exomassey said:

Do you really think Justice League and Wonder Woman could reach that high?

Of course, I don't make unrealistic predictions.

Look, in 2016 they wouldn't be able to do that, that's quite clear...But if the ER comes back $1 = R$2.8 then they really could do it. With the usual strong ticket price increase and moviegoers increase that would give us a very boosted market in USD, something like +35% or so, not a small feat!

Now it depends of the ER, but that's realistic given most of the political crisis is over while the economic one is likely to lose steam.

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I saw The Shallows and Lights Out tonight. The Shallows was amazing and even better than I expected. It's a shame it didn't open so well here.

Too many movies, there isn't enough rooms for all of them..That's why Pete's Dragon will probably disappoint too :(

• Like 1

WB closed a deal for the television rights of their movies with the #1 broadcast network in Brazil: http://noticiasdatv.uol.com.br/noticia/televisao/por-que-globo-esta-investindo-milhoes-de-dolares-em-filmes-da-warner-12416

Sources say it was motivated by the popularity of the DC movies and TV shows, and the first movie they will air from this deal is Man Of Steel, which is being announced as a big event for September 26. Around 20% of households tune in to watch Monday night movies on this network, MOS will probably rate close to 25%. That's a nice exposure for the brand.

The network wanted to buy rights for specific films, but WB is pushing all of their movies in this deal. It goes to show how is difficult to measure how much money DC movies are really making for WB, specially if they do this kind of deal all over the World.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

WB closed a deal for the television rights of their movies with the #1 broadcast network in Brazil: http://noticiasdatv.uol.com.br/noticia/televisao/por-que-globo-esta-investindo-milhoes-de-dolares-em-filmes-da-warner-12416

Sources say it was motivated by the popularity of the DC movies and TV shows, and the first movie they will air from this deal is Man Of Steel, which is being announced as a big event for September 26. Around 20% of households tune in to watch Monday night movies on this network, MOS will probably rate close to 25%. That's a nice exposure for the brand.

The network wanted to buy rights for specific films, but WB is pushing all of their movies in this deal. It goes to show how is difficult to measure how much money DC movies are really making for WB, specially if they do this kind of deal all over the World.

I guess that's great news for Justice League next year.

54 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Star Trek Beyond this week, Napo's happy :P

It'll do shit numbers, Star Trek isn't a household name over here.

Nice predictions for next year by the way, I hope you're right about the DC and Marvel films but I'd say you're way too optimistic about most movies in your list. Wonder Woman for example ain't doing more than R$80m and Black Panther is doing half of that number. Justice League though could actually to that number if it's really, really good. Take about 20% off your prediction for most movies though and that's probably what they'll make.

Oh and you forgot Wolverine 3. Something between The Wolverine at R$49.1m and DOFP at R$64.3m would be my guess, with R$70m probably being the limit. R$50-70m range then.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

It'll do shit numbers, Star Trek isn't a household name over here.

Nice predictions for next year by the way, I hope you're right about the DC and Marvel films but I'd say you're way too optimistic about most movies in your list. Wonder Woman for example ain't doing more than R$80m and Black Panther is doing half of that number. Justice League though could actually to that number if it's really, really good. Take about 20% off your prediction for most movies though and that's probably what they'll make.

Oh and you forgot Wolverine 3. Something between The Wolverine at R$49.1m and DOFP at R$64.3m would be my guess, with R$70m probably being the limit. R$50-70m range then.

Sure, That is quite optimistic, and that's what I wanted because it feels so good, tired of pessimistic predictions :P

However they're still largely doable, if the ER fits my prediction...if not that won't happen of course. The ER will play such a big role and it's so unpredictable ^^"

As for Black Panther it should benefit from his presence I Civil War, don't forget.

On 8/30/2016 at 10:23 AM, Rth said:

SLOP lc14.4m(about $us4.4m) admits 908k,

On 8/30/2016 at 4:04 PM, Fullbuster said:

FilmeB tells us it's R$13.5m, I'm a bit confused :huh:

2 minutes ago, Rth said:

I think 13.5 was an estimate

Just took a look Filmeb now has it r$14,372,765

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Sure, That is quite optimistic, and that's what I wanted because it feels so good, tired of pessimistic predictions :P

However they're still largely doable, if the ER fits my prediction...if not that won't happen of course. The ER will play such a big role and it's so unpredictable ^^"

As for Black Panther it should benefit from his presence I Civil War, don't forget.

I was talking about your local currency predictions, so ER is out.

Yes, he was in Civil War and that should help and that's why I think Black Panther will be lucky to make Ant-Man numbers, which grossed R$41M, otherwise he'd make even less. Happy to be proven wrong but I don't think I will be wrong about it. Heck, even Guardians of the Galaxy only grossed R$37M over here.

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I was talking about your local currency predictions, so ER is out.

Yes, he was in Civil War and that should help and that's why I think Black Panther will be lucky to make Ant-Man numbers, which grossed R$41M, otherwise he'd make even less. Happy to be proven wrong but I don't think I will be wrong about it. Heck, even Guardians of the Galaxy only grossed R$37M over here.

Oh, in that case I don't see why you're pessimistic given how impressive this market is in local currency, it's fast-growing even during a terrible crisis. ;)

Brazil's Dilma Rousseff was ousted from the presidency on August 31, 2016, when the <a href="http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/31/americas/brazil-rousseff-impeachment-vote/index.html">Senate voted 61-20 to find her guilty of breaking budgetary laws</a> in an impeachment trial. Rousseff had been suspended earlier. Here are other world leaders who left office before the end of their term, either by choice or by constitutional action:  

Brazil's Senate ousts Rousseff in impeachment vote

(CNN)Brazil's first female president is out of a job, but not barred from the ballot if she wants to run again.

The South American country's Senate voted 61-20 Wednesday to remove President Dilma Rousseff from office, finding her guilty of breaking budgetary laws in an impeachment trial.
    Michel Temer, Rousseff's former vice president who's been serving as interim president since her suspension in May, will assume the office of president and serve out the remainder of her term. He was scheduled to be sworn in later Wednesday.
    Temer, 75, inherits a tattered economy, along with the keys to the presidential palace in Brasilia

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/31/americas/brazil-rousseff-impeachment-vote/index.html

SO THIS IS IT! HISTORY IS MADE!!!

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Disgusting. But it was expected. Now we just have to wait until 2018 to elect Lula again.

The guy is charged, he could become legally unelectable. Brazilians are more likely to want a new figure who isn't linked to Petrobras.

Pets OW has been actualised : 913,000 admissions instead of 892,000. For a new franchise that's great.

Suicide Squad doesn't stop, reaching 8,728,000 admissions.

Ben Hur is certain to pass 1m admissions, better than Jason Bourne and the BFG.

• Like 3