Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Sully is about the 9/11, this tragedy is about football players dying in a crash in Colombia. Yes, 2 tragedies but very different ones...

Sully isn't about 9/11, but it is about a plane that has trouble (although in this case everyone lived).

9 hours ago, Aristis said:

Isn't it about the plane that came down on the Hudson River?

7 hours ago, Tower said:

Sully isn't about 9/11, but it is about a plane that has trouble (although in this case everyone lived).

Oh! My mistake then! ^^"

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/filmes/cancelado-no-brasil-apos-tragedia-sully-nao-tem-mais-data-de-estreia-20561168

Sully pulled from schedule because of the Chapecoense tragedy, it was going to open this Thursday. 

These football players in the plane, it was an important team or a smaller, regional one? Out of curiosity.

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

These football players in the plane, it was an important team or a smaller, regional one? Out of curiosity.

It's not one of the most traditional teams, but they entered the "first league" recently and became important, yes. They were on a rise and were a good team from what I understand (I'm not really into sports).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It's not one of the most traditional teams, but they entered the "first league" recently and became important, yes. They were on a rise and were a good team from what I understand (I'm not really into sports).

This. They were a very humble team that had risen a lot, reaching the final of an international tournament. In fact, they were travelling to play that match against a Colombian team, Atlético Nacional. This team has proposed to give the victory and trophy to Chapecoense as a respect signal. A really sad story.

• Like 2

https://images4.alphacoders.com/552/552635.jpg

MOANA, I SAW IT AND WHAT I THINK OF IT (NO SPOILERS)

Finally! I finally saw Moana! :D

That's a feeling that is not easy to describe..Earlier I told you that it was very likely I would think "OMG" or "OMFG" once out of the theater but no, that's not what I was thinking...

...There was no word in my mind because Moana is such an incredible, wonderful, divine, amazing, outstanding, magical movie that it was impossible for me to sum it up in just one, simple word, because there is no such word to describe what I saw :cloud9:

Yes, Moana's story is not innovative, there is nothing out of the ordinary in the Kingdom of Mickey, and I tell people who could complain about that : So what? We don't need something with amazing twists and never seen before, the important is for the story to be told in a convincing way, and Moana is doing the job better than everything else in the animated world : It's told in such a way, with such wonderful CGI, such a dynamic, lively soundtrack and powerful songs...It's just perfect. Moana is strong girl, she's strong-willed, witted, sweet :) She's not like Anna and Elsa of Frozen, she's a different kind of girl, she goes way beyond thezse 2 girls when it comes to courage and the challenges she has to face.

Undoubtedly, Moana is the most beautiful animated movie ever made, these effects, these modelisations, these colors, these expressions, these lights, it's absolutely FAN-TAS-TIC, just GODLY/DIVINE, if perfection has a name when it comes to animation you could call it Moana.

And of course, THE SONGS! These songs were more powerful and enchanting than I thought they would! Helped by these incredible CGI they bring such poetry, beauty..it's so heartwarming, after seeing this it's impossible not to be moved unless you're cold or insensitive. These songs make Moana more powerful, bigger than Frozen because these songs are on another scale, this time it's not about letting it go, about being free, it's about going beyond your own limits and the limits of your world, being able to think you can do everything. These songs are just amazing, "powerful" is really the word to describe them.

Something happened after the film ended, something I never saw in a theater before (and I watch movies in theaters in 3 different countries) : People applauded!!! :mouthdropped:

Moana is by far my favorite movie of the year, there is no competition there, Moana and Maui crush everything else. And it's now my favorite animated movie along with The Lion King. Yes, these movies have more in common than you could imagine, particularly when it comes to the songs or the overall way of seeing things.

I feel so good after seeing, so beautiful, so wonderful,so...well, it's even more than that :D

Thank You Disney!!! :cloud9:

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

https://images4.alphacoders.com/552/552635.jpg

MOANA, I SAW IT AND WHAT I THINK OF IT (NO SPOILERS)

Finally! I finally saw Moana! :D

That's a feeling that is not easy to describe..Earlier I told you that it was very likely I would think "OMG" or "OMFG" once out of the theater but no, that's not what I was thinking...

...There was no word in my mind because Moana is such an incredible, wonderful, divine, amazing, outstanding, magical movie that it was impossible for me to sum it up in just one, simple word, because there is no such word to describe what I saw :cloud9:

Yes, Moana's story is not innovative, there is nothing out of the ordinary in the Kingdom of Mickey, and I tell people who could complain about that : So what? We don't need something with amazing twists and never seen before, the important is for the story to be told in a convincing way, and Moana is doing the job better than everything else in the animated world : It's told in such a way, with such wonderful CGI, such a dynamic, lively soundtrack and powerful songs...It's just perfect.

Undoubtedly, Moana is the most beautiful animated movie ever made, these effects, these modelisations, these colors, these expressions, these lights, it's absolutely FAN-TAS-TIC, just GODLY/DIVINE, if perfection has a name when it comes to animation you could call it Moana.

And of course, THE SONGS! These songs were more powerful and enchanting than I thought they would! Helped by these incredible CGI they bring such poetry, beauty..it's so heartwarming, after seeing this it's impossible not to be moved unless you're cold or insensitive. These songs make Moana more powerful, bigger than Frozen because these songs are on another scale, this time it's not about letting it go, about being free, it's about going beyond your own limits and the limits of your world, being able to think you can do everything. These songs are just amazing, "powerful" is really the word to describe them.

Something happened after the film ended, something I never saw in a theater before (and I watch movies in theaters in 3 different countries) : People applauded!!! :mouthdropped:

Moana is by far my favorite movie of the year, there is no competition there, Moana and Maui crush everything else. And it's now my favorite animated movie along with The Lion King. Yes, these movies have more in common than you could imagine, particularly when it comes to the songs or the overall way of seeing things.

I feel so good after seeing, so beautiful, so wonderful,so...well, it's even more than that :D

Thank You Disney!!! :cloud9:

No offense but really this is the first time you see people applauding in a theater? It is quit usual for me!

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

No offense but really this is the first time you see people applauding in a theater? It is quit usual for me!

It's not common where I live, people are pretty humble and shy in this part of the country, a movie really must deserve it to get that. Doctor Strange and Fantastic Beasts didn't get them for example, and I liked both!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Thanks ;)