Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

YESTERDAY (TUESDAY) BEAUTY AND THE BEAST REACHED $32.3m, GROSSING $1.1m IN 2 DAYS! Such a strength during weekdays after 3 weekends is quite unusual, the legs are pretty amazing! This is now a certainty : BATB will become the largest Disney live-action movie in Brazil in USD, passing Maleficent ($33.25m), with the current exchange rate it's a real prowess, no mean feat! :o

That's incredible, frankly! It's beyond my expectations, I hoped for $25-30m before its release.

4 minutes ago, Olive said:

$40M possible?

It's possible, it will be very close for sure : between $39m and $41m. I see it falling short of $40m because Furious 8 will take it many screens for sure. On the other hand this kind of movie has incredible legs as Moana showed so who knows?

• Like 1

On 06/04/2017 at 2:53 PM, Fullbuster said:

TOP 5 THURSDAY

No. "Quarta" = "Wednesday".

TOP 5 THURSDAY:

Edited by alisson23

4 hours ago, alisson23 said:

No. "Quarta" = "Wednesday".

TOP 5 THURSDAY:

I was tired :P

As for BATB nothing's certain yet : this movie is stronger on weekends because it's a family movie so it still can win the weekend.

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

By the way it is now obvious than Smurfs will bomb.........

Awww, but Brazil LOVES Demi, they can't let her name be tainted!  She's literally one of few American artists with a diamond-certified album in Brazil and all of her songs have debuted at #1, she's HUGE there!