Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

19 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

How much can Spidey make at the end of its run? $35M maybe?

$30m-$35m

With the strong competition from Cars 3, Transformers and Planet of the Apes + other movies such as Valerian you can't expect more, still that would make it the highest-grossing Spidey movie, in USD and local currency :)

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Fine, thank you :)

So, let's start with a short presentation : I'm Fullbuster from France, I created this thread in 2012 and I still take care of it and that's pretty nice to talk about the Brazilian Box Office, it's a fast-growing market so it's definitely interesting. Is that the first time you follow box office news? :)

Nice!!

I follow the box office news by the site itself for two years

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheFifthSM said:

Nice!!

I follow the box office news by the site itself for two years

Oh good, at least you know how it works here, you won't be lost :)

Glad to have you here, the more the merrier ;)

• Like 1

On 08/07/2017 at 2:52 PM, Fullbuster said:

Aahaha it's okay as long as I like doing it :) I must admit my availability is increasingly reduced but I try, it's pretty fast to post these things :)

I only saw 3 movies : Beauty and the Beast, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Wonder Women. Spider-Man is the next one :)

I hope you enjoy SM. I only saw Logan, best movie ever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xSabrinax said:

I hope you enjoy SM. I only saw Logan, best movie ever.

My guts never lie to me : I'll like it :P

As for you I see you didn't change : you don't see many movies, even fewer than me :rofl::D

Edited by Fullbuster

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

In local currency numbers Spider-man Homecoming opened with R$ 28,645,000.

Despicable Me 3 reached the top 10 of the year with R$ 59,096,000 so far, and Wonder Woman is now at R$ 104,630,000 total.

SMH is slightly under what I expected (30m) but still fantastic.

DM3 held on well, more than I thought, it will pass DM2 easily.

That's definitely a powerful performance from WW.

47 minutes ago, TheFifthSM said:

Logan is the best superhero movie of the year so far

I guess I'll need to see it someday...I didn't because it's too dark, realistic, not my style but people love it so much :)

For now my favorite comicbook movie is Wonder Woman, I really liked it.

• Like 2

Wonder Woman's run is easily the most impressive of the year here in Brazil, I never expected it to be SO huge, it will end only R$20m behind F8/BATB, this is phenomenal. I think it's pretty safe to say that Justice League is locked to win the year, becoming the second time that DC win the year in Brazil, after TDK back in 2008.

It's also worth noticing that both Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are the two biggest Origin Movies here in Brazil. 

• Like 2

I don't know if you guys noticed this, but BOM updated the yearly charts of Brazil. Now we have numbers since 2002, instead of 2008 like it used to be, if you're into old data, you should check it:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/brazil/yearly/?yr=2003&p=.htm

Look at how big the X-Men franchise always has been in this country, it almost won the year in 2003!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I don't know if you guys noticed this, but BOM updated the yearly charts of Brazil. Now we have numbers since 2002, instead of 2008 like it used to be, if you're into old data, you should check it:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/brazil/yearly/?yr=2003&p=.htm

Look at how big the X-Men franchise always has been in this country, it almost won the year in 2003!!!

Wow, I didn't notice, thanks for the info that's great!! :o

12 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Wonder Woman's run is easily the most impressive of the year here in Brazil, I never expected it to be SO huge, it will end only R$20m behind F8/BATB, this is phenomenal. I think it's pretty safe to say that Justice League is locked to win the year, becoming the second time that DC win the year in Brazil, after TDK back in 2008.

It's also worth noticing that both Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are the two biggest Origin Movies here in Brazil. 

I was most impressed by The Shack because it came out of nowhere and passed $20m, holding on for 13 weeks!

Beauty and the Beast as well, it was far more successful than expected, reaching R$130m, far more than previous live-action Disney movies.