Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Great guess mate. Where do you estimate it will finish? I suppose it wont have good late legs as JL and then Coco will open. 

Watched this film in the preview midnight, this Friday and this Saturday. Trust me, the legs for this thing will be fucking amazing, theaters sold out throughout all these days and buzz is fucking insanity. Even if Justice League is great, the legs for this film will not have a problem up until at the very least The Last Jedi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Great guess mate. Where do you estimate it will finish? I suppose it wont have good late legs as JL and then Coco will open. 

As @iJackSparrow said the legs are likely to be pretty good, at least for this genre. I expect it to end beyond R$80m, R$105-110m at best because of the competition. Spider-Man Homecoming reached $102m.

Anyway, it will gross way more than Thor 2 :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2017 at 7:35 AM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

August had a 27.3% decrease in ADMs, and 26.5% in R$, third month in a row of decreases. 

If those numbers are compared to August 2016, it is expected, remember that August 2016 had Suicide Squad which was a big hit ($118m), and also Pets at the end of the month

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

From Deadline

Brazil scored the top October bow ever, the 3rd best all-time debut for the MCU, well outperformed comps and came in with 81% of the market share.

4rd best all-time debut for the MCU, not 3.

1.Civil war = R$43.9m

2.Avengers-Age of Ultron= R$38m

3.Spider man Homecoming = R$28.2m

4.Thor Ragnarok = R$26.8m

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bruchav said:

According to FilmeB, Thor Ragnarok made R$26.8m in the opening weekend in Brazil, the fourth biggest opening of the year.

http://www.filmeb.com.br/

I'm wondering if it will be able to reach the $100m, as Wonder Woman and Homecoming did.

Wow, my range was 24-27m and I expected it around 25m...It's doing better than expected, pretty glad about that :)

I don't know about 100m, Logan got a similar OW and missed it by a few millions....anyway it will be very close, one way or another.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bruchav said:

4rd best all-time debut for the MCU, not 3.

1.Civil war = R$43.9m

2.Avengers-Age of Ultron= R$38m

3.Spider man Homecoming = R$28.2m

4.Thor Ragnarok = R$26.8m

I think JL will pass Avengers 2 but could fall short of passing Civil War

Marvel really is awesome in numbers, if it were not Guardians of the Galaxy 2, they would have a great year here, but they still had a good year.

I just watched Thor 3. One of the best films of its kind. No wonder it's making big numbers.

15092920211351637.gif?1509292046

Thor 3 OW $ 8.1m

A Haunted House $ 4,900,047

Scary Movie 2 $ 3,436,552

Scary Movie 4 $ 3,338,442 

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me $ 1,222,090

Date Movie $ 770,564

Austin Powers in Goldmember $ 342,430

All are total numbers

I know some here will say that it would be better to compare with superhero movies, but that is a lack of respect about the less popular genre of the movie. I know how hard it is to have a hit with a spoof movie. Okay, being a superhero movie can have helped it too, but that does not change the fact that it's a movie with a prevalent genre that's hard to sell. So before anyone feels the urge to quote me, give up, do not come here to try to make that number to look less impressive

Edited by alisson23