Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

6 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

1 million tickets sold in 2 days

https://omelete.uol.com.br/filmes/noticia/liga-da-justica-vende-mais-de-1-milhao-de-ingressos-em-dois-dias-no-brasil/

R$ 18m now 

This is insanely high. Warner Bros Brazil ( unlike Warner Bros America ) will have reasons to celebrate here. They made a great job.

Remember that Thor 3 got 1.5 million admissions in 4 days so yeah 1 million in 2 days with 3 days remaining is amazing. More than 3 million adm is not impossible at all in 5 days 🙂

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

That could be doable,  good 3rd day

For some context :

Biggest Opening Weeks in Brazil in USD

The Avengers Age of Ultron : $12.6m

Captain America Civil War : $12m

Furious 7 : 11.9m

These 3 are 4-day OW if I remember well (I'll have to check this)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

For some context :

Biggest Opening Weeks in Brazil in USD

The Avengers Age of Ultron : $12.6m

Captain America Civil War : $12m

Furious 7 : 11.9m

These 3 are 4-day OW if I remember well (I'll have to check this)

IN LOCAL CURRENCY

Biggest Opening Weeks in Brazil in local currency

Captain America Civil War : R$43.8m

Batman vs Superman : 40.6m

Twilight BD Part 2 : 37.4m

The Avengers 2 : 37.1m

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

From Deadline: Brazil is still quite strong with a $7.5M cume through Friday.

Better than I thought :) Impressive :)

15 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Well, overperforming in one market is better than overperforming in no markets, so I'll take it :P 

At least it's a big market ^^

• Like 2

Well, it's so disappointing and unappealing now that I decided not to watch Justice League, don't want to be part of that train wreck.

I'm far more interested in Coco, I love Pixar and this one is really good, it's already at 97% on RT by the way.

• Astonished 1

The best way to compare Justice League, Thor 3, Batman vs Superman, Captain America 3 and Avengers 2 for the OW will be the daily average, because some of them are 4-day OW, others are 5-day.

Thor 3 has an average of $2.15m per day ($8.6m in 4 days), meaning that Justice League needs to gross $10.75m OW to do better, which is very likely to happen.

However it will be even fairer to do that in local currency because of the ER, The Avengers 2 benefited from a much better ER.

Edited by Fullbuster

I've just watched Justice League again, and wow, it was much better in 2D. The theater was 100% full and there were more sellouts.

There are so many people buying tickets for the movie, that the system broke and some people ended up buying the same ticket for the same seats. That happened several times today ( me included ). So, I got a refund and bought a ticket to see another JL screening.

Next monday is gonna be another holiday, so movie will probably perform even better.

Next movies I'll watch: Jigsaw and Star Wars.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, it's so disappointing and unappealing now that I decided not to watch Justice League, don't want to be part of that train wreck.

I'm far more interested in Coco, I love Pixar and this one is really good, it's already at 97% on RT by the way.

I think you'll enjoy Justice League. You could watch it on a cheap Tuesday. 

Anyway, nobody can force you to like this movie or not, to watch it or not. It's up to you. I think you might enjoy it. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apollo2xx said:

I don't think November 20th is a holiday.

Some people celebrate it but there are no schools out or anything like that.

It’s not a national holiday, but it’s a state holiday in some states like RJ, RS, MT, and it’s a city holiday in some cities. In Rio, for example, nothing will open. But, yes, it’s not the whole country (not even the majority, I think). So there should be some consequences to box office, but not like last wednesday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

Sorry but you seem like a very unfluenced person.

Nope, I'm someone who likes to spend money on quality. I didn't spend money to watch Thor 2 or BVS, I've seen them later for free and I didn't like them.

It means being smart and follow your guts. Try visiting the Justice League thread, I was pretty skeptical already.

If you like spending your money without caring of quality then you're the gullible one.

I'm a bit like a shareholder 😎😎😇

Edited by Fullbuster

4 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think you'll enjoy Justice League. You could watch it on a cheap Tuesday. 

Anyway, nobody can force you to like this movie or not, to watch it or not. It's up to you. I think you might enjoy it. :) 

I can watch it for $3 next Sunday, I'll probably give it a try, for that price it could be worth it. $10 is too risky.

• Like 1

I was all over the internet and that's pitiful to see all these DC fans to insult those who decided not to watch Justice League, saying they can't think for themselves or have no personality. Having no personality means you're influenced by advertising and feelings.

Having personality and being smart allows people to try knowing more about a movie before watching it..If I'm not tempted to watch JL now despite I was interested before that's because I've read previews, opinions, reviews...and many things I saw don't please, add to that I hated BVS....the terrible CGI making it look like an old videogame is particularly a buzzkill, I want to believe these action scenes could be real...

So stop being so despicable and respect the fact some people think and learn before rushing to cinemas. I'm not demanding when it comes to films but I know what I want and what I don't want.

You could say I'm more demanding than before, I watched Avengers 2 but I 'm not sure I would watch it today, I'm a bit tired of terrible villains in comicbook movies in particular, why are bad guys always terrible in these movies, a charismatic and strong villain can be so efficient.