Jump to content
Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

 

Nice avatar Olive 😋

 

Thanks anyway, that's more or less -50% for the 4-day period. It's good given the big numbers from last week.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Justice League second weekend on local currency: R$ 17,610,000 (around -47%).

Cume: R$ 81 million and 5,035,000 admissions, #9 movie in this year's top 10 already.

 

Thor: Ragnarok total after 5 weeks: R$ 95 million / 6,056,000 admissions (after 5 weeks)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Justice League second weekend on local currency: R$ 17,610,000 (around -47%).

Cume: R$ 81 million and 5,035,000 admissions, #9 movie in this year's top 10 already.

 

Thor: Ragnarok total after 5 weeks: R$ 95 million / 6,056,000 admissions (after 5 weeks)

 

R$95m for Thor Ragnarok?? It's higher than I thought :o It has a shot at R$100m in the end :o

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I watched the Steelers x Packers game (SNF) here in Brazil, and there were 6 (six!!) ads for SW:TLJ during commercials. That is a very aggressive trailer campaign. Usually movies, even the big ones, only get this kind of marketing the week of release, not 3 weeks before.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sydney Bristow said:

Yesterday I watched the Steelers x Packers game (SNF) here in Brazil, and there were 6 (six!!) ads for SW:TLJ during commercials. That is a very aggressive trailer campaign. Usually movies, even the big ones, only get this kind of marketing the week of release, not 3 weeks before.

 

Wow, that's pretty exciting. I'm not very optimistic about this one on Brazil but I could be wrong 🙂

 

@UserHN No, Brazil is the only market overperforming for JL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

 

Wow, that's pretty exciting. I'm not very optimistic about this one on Brazil but I could be wrong 🙂

 

@UserHN No, Brazil is the only market overperforming for JL.

JL performance in Brazil is in line with expectations.

DC movies are huge here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

JL performance in Brazil is in line with expectations.

DC movies are huge here.

 

Well, that's true. Let's say that the other markets are underperforming while Brazil is in line with expectations.

 

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

JL is also beating BVS in China.

 

True, however the gap will be limited : a +$5m lead or so for JL, far less than the growth of the Chinese market since BVS' release. So it's more or less stagnating.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given we're all excited about The Avengers Infinity War let's talk about it here : The Avengers 2 is still the highest-grossing movie of all time in Brazil and the 3rd could destroy everything, shatter all records.

You just have to see for yourself : Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor Ragnarok strongly improved over the previous movies, that's a sign of times to come :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Jigsaw got released today in Brazil, the movie's final market.

 

I've just watched it. Amazing, loved it. Big fan of the series, and the theater was full. We might expect some numbers soon.

 

I guess it's good for Brazilians to have something else to watch along with Thor and JL.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.