Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

9 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I bought 2 tickets for Thursday and Friday and Botafogo Praia Shopping was empty as hell ( I was actually surprised and expected to have problems buying them, but nope ). Then again, I don't know what happened later, so there's a chance people started buying like crazy. XD

I didn't even try to buy tickets for Wednesday, because that would be almost midnight and I won't have anybody to take care of my kids. :(

PS: I managed to buy tickets for the 2D version, thank GOD!!! Perhaps the 3D screens are selling like crazy, like you said Sidney Bristow. There are few 2D screenings here. In fact, I did count 3 or 4.

Where did you buy tickets? I usually try using ingresso.com

I always use ingresso.com too (usually the app on my phone, it's the easier way for me).

The screenings I mentioned that were sold out or almost were the midnight previews on Wednesday night. The show that I'm watching (on Sunday) it's empty, I was the first to buy. I didn't check Thrusday or Friday, so they could be empty around here too. The fans go crazy for the first screenings, so later on the weekend it's normal to only sell later.

I'm only watching it on Sunday, because of work and other commitments, so don't worry. Just have to try to avoid spoilers. xD

You managed to find 2d screenings?  Here there's only 3d. =/ But I'm used to it, the teather right next to me is kind small (only 6 screens), so the big movies never get 2d, they just want that 3d price.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sydney Bristow said:

My local teather (also Rio) is giving it 3 screenings at midnight previews, and they’re already sold out (tickets available only in the first two rows). This local only gave JL 1 preview screening (which was stupid, this screening was completely sold out well before and they should have put up another). 

The other local is giving SW 5 screenings at previews, while it gave JL 3. Really good sales, they should all sell out.

Thing is, I feel SW is much more fan-base frontloaded, and the rest of the weekend won’t match the previews. In addition, now pretty much all schools have ended for the year, so more people will be watching the movies during the week.

@Blaze Heatnix, could it be that this screening was a new one, that they had just opened? Or people in Botafogo are more laid-back, and wait till the last moment. xD In Barra da Tijuca, the previews are selling like crazy.

That's confusing lol

I can't even make a prediction for SW8, I have no idea where it could end. I just have the feeling it will pass $20m but not sure at all about $30m.

I hope we can be positively surprised, this market rarely disappoints after all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

STAR WARS THE LAST JEDI : $2.5m OD

That's definitely a good number. A bit less than Justice league, and for a non-comicbook movie that's pretty big :o

STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS : $2.7m OD

It's incredible because I didn't expect it to hold that well :o it's a decline under 10%, better than in most marlets :o

Brazil positively surprises once again :)

9 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS : $2.7m OD

It's incredible because I didn't expect it to hold that well :o it's a decline under 10%, better than in most marlets :o

Brazil positively surprises once again :)

Wow. So among all overseas markets, it seems like Brazil will have the least drop from TFA. Surprise. Lol

I've just watched it. Theater was 50% full and the audience was dead silent throughout it...

Some small laughs only during the beginning of the movie, and that's it. Nothing else. I'll post my review on the spoiler topic.

Trailers: Bright and Black Panther

I liked the movie. At least word of mouth on some brazilian forums, seems good. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I've just watched it. Theater was 50% full and the audience was dead silent throughout it...

Some small laughs only during the beginning of the movie, and that's it. Nothing else. I'll post my review on the spoiler topic.

Trailers: Bright and Black Panther

I liked the movie. At least word of mouth on some brazilian forums, seems good. 

Well, that's a normal audience, at least where I live. If people suddenly talk and laugh with their friends during am ovie it's a sign they're bored when it comes to serious movies like this TLJ ^^"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

WE probably looking lc23m

3 hours ago, Olive Skywalker said:

1    Star Wars: Episódio VII - O despertar...    33.686.000

-32% drop in REAL, smaller drop in USD

That explains why the drop in USD was so limited : the exchange rate is far better now than in December 2015.

9 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Any hunch on Coco's performance there? I hope it"ll break out.

Coco = January

I expect it to do well : no real competitiojn in January, school holidays and Moana did very well in January 2017. January is the best month for Disney animated movies.

• Like 1