Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Brazil is the fourth biggest territory for Captain America 2 behind China, and almost on par with UK and Korea and well beyond France,Germany and Russia.That's great,superheroes have a great future there,I have great hopes for The Avengers 2 :D And I feel GOTG will do very well there.

Not even Green Lantern failed here.

And people loved the trailers for GotG, though the momentum seems to be fading.

• Like 1

Not even Green Lantern failed here.And people loved the trailers for GotG, though the momentum seems to be fading.

With the WC and TF4 / Apes 2 approaching it's understandable,but when the realease date will be close the hype will grow again,I can't see it failing there! Edited by Fullbuster

Given we don't have WC games until Tuesday I'll give some stats :Comicbook movies in Brazil :The Avengers : 63.9mIron Man 3 : 47.9mThe Amazing Spiderman : 30.4mCaptain America 2 : 28.3mX-Men DOFP : 26.9m (not definitive)Thor 2 : 27.7mThe Dark Knight Rises : 27mThe Amazing Spiderman 2 : 24.9mSpider-Man 3 : 24.2mThe Wolverine : 21.4mCaptain America : 20.7mThe Dark Knight : 20mSpider-Man : 17.3mSpider-Man 2 : 16.1mMan of Steel : 16mIron Man 2 : 15.8mX-Men First Class : 15.3mX-Men Origins Wolverine : 14mIron Man : 14mThor : 12mThe Incredibles : 10.5mX-Men 3 : 11.2mGreen Lantern : 10.3mSuperman Returns : 8.7mThe Fantastic Four 2 : 8.6mThe Fantastic Four : 8mBatman Begins : 7.4mX-Men 2 : 7.4mX-Men : 6.1mGreen Hornet : 5mWatchmen : 2mKick Ass : 0.3mKick Ass 2 : 0.2mIt was time-consuming so I hope you'll like it.:)

• Like 3

Thanks for posting these numbers.Can't believe MOS ONLY made 16mil there! How could it make less that the Wolverine??

:)For MoS I think it's all about brand names,X-Men and Wolverine are famous in Brazil,Superman not so much.Don't worry Batman vs Superman will do very well here,I can't see it under 30m,the growth of the market will help.Guardians of the Galaxy can pass 20m I think.The Avengers 2 will be huge next year :o

:)For MoS I think it's all about brand names,X-Men and Wolverine are famous in Brazil,Superman not so much.Don't worry Batman vs Superman will do very well here,I can't see it under 30m,the growth of the market will help.Guardians of the Galaxy can pass 20m I think.The Avengers 2 will be huge next year :o

Thanks. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that the big blue has sunk so low that it's considered less famous than the X-MEN, Thor, Cap... anyone but Batman. No wonder MOS couldn't crack 700mil WW. <_<

• Like 1

Thanks. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that the big blue has sunk so low that it's considered less famous than the X-MEN, Thor, Cap... anyone but Batman. No wonder MOS couldn't crack 700mil WW. <_<

Things change over the time,10 years ago Spiderman was the most famous,in 2008-2010 it was Batman and now it's probably Iron Man.Who knows about 2020?
  • Like 1

Given we don't have WC games until Tuesday I'll give some stats :Comicbook movies in Brazil :The Avengers : 63.9mIron Man 3 : 47.9mThe Amazing Spiderman : 30.4mCaptain America 2 : 28.3mX-Men DOFP : 26.9m (not definitive)Thor 2 : 27.7mThe Dark Knight Rises : 27mThe Amazing Spiderman 2 : 24.9mSpider-Man 3 : 24.2mThe Wolverine : 21.4mCaptain America : 20.7mThe Dark Knight : 20mSpider-Man : 17.3mSpider-Man 2 : 16.1mMan of Steel : 16mIron Man 2 : 15.8mX-Men First Class : 15.3mX-Men Origins Wolverine : 14mIron Man : 14mHancock : 13.6mThor : 12mThe Incredibles : 10.5mX-Men 3 : 11.2mGreen Lantern : 10.3mSuperman Returns : 8.7mThe Fantastic Four 2 : 8.6mThe Fantastic Four : 8mBatman Begins : 7.4mX-Men 2 : 7.4mX-Men : 6.1mGreen Hornet : 5mSuper 8 : 2.35mSin City : 2.3mWatchmen : 2mKick Ass : 0.3mKick Ass 2 : 0.2mIt was time-consuming so I hope you'll like it.:)*I added Sin City,Hancock and Super 8,I forgot them..there are so many of them ^^"

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 5

Walt Disney Animation Studios movies in BrazilTangled : 24.3mFrozen : 21.7mWreck-It Ralph : 21.4m Bolt : 4.6mChicken Little : 4.5m The Princess and the Frog : 4.1m Meet the Robinsons : 3.4m Lilo & Stitch : 3mWinnie the Pooh : 0.1mSadly it's all I could find.However we can see their success really occured these last few years.Big Hero 6 has a nice potential there.

• Like 1

Thanks. Is TF4 expected to do well there?

Yes,TF3 did 22m so it should be fine.However the competition will be tough with Planet of the Apes 2 the week after and Guardians of the Galaxy the week after that.So it won't be easy to beat TF3.

Yes,TF3 did 22m so it should be fine.However the competition will be tough with Planet of the Apes 2 the week after and Guardians of the Galaxy the week after that.So it won't be easy to beat TF3.

So it's very likely that the Autobots may be beaten by the Wolverine (21.4mil)?? That would make me very very unhappy.. :mellow:

So it's very likely that the Autobots may be beaten by the Wolverine (21.4mil)?? That would make me very very unhappy.. :mellow:

It's clearly possible,but it could beat TF3 as well..it's really unpredictable!That makes it exciting in some way :D The OW will be a first indicator to compare it with TF3.

It's clearly possible,but it could beat TF3 as well..it's really unpredictable!That makes it exciting in some way :D The OW will be a first indicator to compare it with TF3.

Oh it's exciting all right :P , but scary as well because I want TF5 to happen.