Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Let's hope,Noah doesn't deserve its top spot,just based on religious hype in a very Christian nation. :P

That, and the fact that it's a painfully boring movie. Boring and forgettable.

Emma Watson was the only good thing in that movie, not because she was good but simply because she was there.

• Like 2

Movies gross in Latin America as a single market.I thought it would be interesting to know how big Latin America would be if it was a single market.So I added every Latin American countries' gross.Brazil being the biggest LA market I think it's fitting,and I will show what is the share of Brazil in all this :D Latin American population : 603 millionBrazilian population : 201 millionBrazil's share : 33.3%The AvengersLatin America : 192.6mBrazil : 63.9mBrazil's share : 33.1%Ice Age 4Latin America : 179.4mBrazil : 44.5mBrazil's share : 25%AvatarLatin America : 161.4mBrazil : 58.2mBrazil's share : 36%Iron Man 3 Latin America : 152mBrazil : 47.9mBrazil's share : 31.5%Toy Story 3Latin America : 134.1mBrazil : 24.9mBrazil's share : 18.6%Harry Potter DH2Latin America : 108.1mBrazil : 35.7mBrazil's share : 33%FrozenLatin America : 90.3mBrazil : 21.7mBrazil's share : 24%The Amazing Spiderman Latin America : 89mBrazil : 30.4mBrazil's share : 34% Captain America 2Latin America : 82.5mBrazil : 28.3mBrazil's share : 34.3%Transformers 3 Latin America : 81.7mBrazil : 22.3mBrazil's share : 27%The Hunger Games Catching FireLatin America : 55.7mBrazil : 17.3mBrazil's share : 31%What do you think about it? :)

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

^^That around 1/3 of the movies total gross from SA was made in Brazil. :D

Latin America,not South America,they're not the same.Latin America is much more populated and bigger.In South America Brazil would account for 50-60% of the gross of most movies.I will make a list about that,that would be amusing :)
  • Like 1

How much do you think the new Harry Potter spin-off can do?I believe more than $20m! :DIs it little understimated or not? :huh:

I'm not sure.Shrek 4 did 40m but its spin-off Puss in Boots made 24.5m,if we apply that to HP we could have something like 15-20m.Maybe more with a good marketing campaign.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure.Shrek 4 did 40m but its spin-off Puss in Boots made 24.5m,if we apply that to HP we could have something like 15-20m.Maybe more with a good marketing campaign.

Harry Potter is more popular than Shrek  and the new film will be released in 2016!

Untill then the Brazilian box office will only increase!

:D

Still because i don't live in Brazil(i love this country) i don't if the harry potter fan base is so loyal there.

Harry Potter is more popular than Shrek and the new film will be released in 2016!Untill then the Brazilian box office will only increase! :DStill because i don't live in Brazil(i love this country) i don't if the harry potter fan base is so loyal there.

Shrek 4 beats HP8 so I don't think it's more popular.But it will be fine anyway you don't have to worry about it.
  • Like 1

Movies gross in Latin America as a single market.I thought it would be interesting to know how big Latin America would be if it was a single market.So I added every Latin American countries' gross.Brazil being the biggest LA market I think it's fitting,and I will show what is the share of Brazil in all this :D Latin American population : 603 millionBrazilian population : 201 millionBrazil's share : 33.3%The AvengersLatin America : 192.6mBrazil : 63.9mBrazil's share : 33.1%Ice Age 4Latin America : 179.4mBrazil : 44.5mBrazil's share : 25%AvatarLatin America : 161.4mBrazil : 58.2mBrazil's share : 36%Iron Man 3 Latin America : 152mBrazil : 47.9mBrazil's share : 31.5%Toy Story 3Latin America : 134.1mBrazil : 24.9mBrazil's share : 18.6%Harry Potter DH2Latin America : 108.1mBrazil : 35.7mBrazil's share : 33%FrozenLatin America : 90.3mBrazil : 21.7mBrazil's share : 24%The Amazing Spiderman Latin America : 89mBrazil : 30.4mBrazil's share : 34% Captain America 2Latin America : 82.5mBrazil : 28.3mBrazil's share : 34.3%Transformers 3 Latin America : 81.7mBrazil : 22.3mBrazil's share : 27%The Hunger Games Catching FireLatin America : 55.7mBrazil : 17.3mBrazil's share : 31%What do you think about it? :)

• Like 2

Movies gross in Latin America as a single market.I thought it would be interesting to know how big Latin America would be if it was a single market.So I added every Latin American countries' gross.Brazil being the biggest LA market I think it's fitting,and I will show what is the share of Brazil in all this :DLatin American population : 603 millionBrazilian population : 201 millionBrazil's share : 33.3%The AvengersLatin America : 192.6mBrazil : 63.9mBrazil's share : 33.1%Ice Age 4Latin America : 179.4mBrazil : 44.5mBrazil's share : 25%AvatarLatin America : 161.4mBrazil : 58.2mBrazil's share : 36%Iron Man 3Latin America : 152mBrazil : 47.9mBrazil's share : 31.5%Toy Story 3Latin America : 134.1mBrazil : 24.9mBrazil's share : 18.6%Harry Potter DH2Latin America : 108.1mBrazil : 35.7mBrazil's share : 33%FrozenLatin America : 90.3mBrazil : 21.7mBrazil's share : 24%The Amazing SpidermanLatin America : 89mBrazil : 30.4mBrazil's share : 34%Captain America 2Latin America : 82.5mBrazil : 28.3mBrazil's share : 34.3%Transformers 3Latin America : 81.7mBrazil : 22.3mBrazil's share : 27%The Hunger Games Catching FireLatin America : 55.7mBrazil : 17.3mBrazil's share : 31%What do you think about it? :)

That's very interesting!

:D  :D  :D

• Like 1

On filme B it says that HTTYD2 is the official number 1, but Tranformers (previews) raised more money.

Tranformers: 6.1

HTTYD2: 5.1

If I'm not wrong Dragons had the same numbers last week, so... 2.9m for Transforrmers previews?

Latin America,not South America,they're not the same.Latin America is much more populated and bigger.In South America Brazil would account for 50-60% of the gross of most movies.I will make a list about that,that would be amusing :)

Sorry I totally forgot about that. My geography sucks. Thanks for the clarification. :lol:

It's possible,particularly if Brazil loses against Germany tomorrow.But that won't be easy.Still,the franchises follows the same trend than Madagascar,so if that goes on Dragon 3 will pass 30m in 2016..So that's great :)

Yes, I noticed that. It is a good sign for HTTYD3.  :D

On filme B it says that HTTYD2 is the official number 1, but Tranformers (previews) raised more money.

Tranformers: 6.1

HTTYD2: 5.1

If I'm not wrong Dragons had the same numbers last week, so... 2.9m for Transforrmers previews?

TF3 OW reached 5.4m,TF4 will beat it quite easily I think,particularly if these previews are taken into account.
  • Like 2