Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Well, with HTTYD2 underperforming domestically, HTTYD3 is probably going to be the END of a great animated franchise (which is OK, I don't want an unnecessary fourth part, or future entries not guaranteed to be helmed by Dean DeBlois).With no WC, I hope 3 performs in Brazil the way 2 should have.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

By the way,by browsing over the web it seems Brazilians love American TV shows as well,maybe people here living in Brazil could tell me more? :)I love American TV shows,a big fan :D

"Everybody hates Chris" and "My Wife and Kids" are a huge success on network television.

Edited by xSabrinax

"Everybody hates Chris" and "My Wife and Kids" are a huge success on network television.

Yeah,a bit old :pNo Arrow,Game of Thrones,Walking Dead,How I Met Your Mother,NCIS..and so on?I see a lot of Brazilian Portuguese subtitles around the web,and they come very quick after the US release,so I guess a lot of Brazilians must watch them. Edited by Fullbuster

It does not matter. to get a sense "El Chavo del 8" from Mexico, is still one of the highest audiences of SBT (Brazilian channel).

I know Friends is still pretty popular around the world,particularly in Iran where it's prohibited.

Yeah,a bit old :PNo Arrow,Game of Thrones,Walking Dead,How I Met Your Mother..and so on?I see a lot of Brazilian Portuguese subtitles around the web,and they come very quick after the US release,so I guess a lot of Brazilians must watch them.

They are very popular in here too. All my friends love Glee, Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.

But these TV show are on "Pay TV". Not everyone has access to them.

• Like 1

Latin America,not South America,they're not the same.Latin America is much more populated and bigger.In South America Brazil would account for 50-60% of the gross of most movies.I will make a list about that,that would be amusing :)

Hey Fullbuster! I love your lists!!!! Thank you for posting them!!! BTW, where did you get all those Latin American grosses? From BOM?
  • Like 1

Hey Fullbuster! I love your lists!!!! Thank you for posting them!!! BTW, where did you get all those Latin American grosses? From BOM?

Thanks :DYes ,from BOM :) I added every Latin American country I found to create that. Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

Weekend Top 4: (according to filme B1- HTTYD 2 $2.31, cume $16.3m2- TFioS $1.83m, cume $25.4m3- Maleficent $1.30m, cume $29.7m4- DoFP $0.47m, cume $28.1mMaleficent will beat Noah next weekend to become #1 for 2014 also in Brazil!! ;)

That's really amazing for Maleficent :o I didn't think it would be so close to Noah :oNoah is going down,that's wonderful :DThe Fault in our Stars is very popular,like Sabrina said..25m for a non-sequel is not common.The end of the line for DOFP after an impressive run,maybe it will end around 28.5m I guess.X-Men is popular there,X-Men Apocalypse could reach 30m or even 35m :)
  • Like 1