Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | With booming ER, Kongzilla reaches $27.7M and Kung Fu P4nd4 $33.1M.

3 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Solid growth. Pity about the ER :wacko:

Several midnight shows (specially the subtitled ones) are sold out @ Cinépolis around Mexico City! Expecting a great OW, the force is strong with this one...

I was wondering if all the countries in Latin America were like mine (we use the dollar as local currency) how huge the grosses will be in the region

2 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Using the same ticket prices as in the US (let's say 8 dollars), Minions would have done US$128M in Mexico, about three times more than the actual gross. But then you can argue that higher prices = lower attendance.

Yeah I was thinking that but is strange the tickets prices here in Panama on Cinepolis for example 2D movie $5.50 and 3D $7.50 so I dont know why the difference

I guess because we are not a first world country haha

How can i upload a photo of the lobby of the Movie Theater? I have no words to describe it, my movie theather was f...ing packed!!!! IT WAS INSANE!!!!! I like to go to the midnight showings a lot, but this one is by a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot, the one with more people in it. Easily more than twice of the people that went to see Age of Ultron or Deathly Hallows II.

• Like 1

Weekend figures, to be updated...

• SW7: US$11.2M, about 200M lc.  Already grossed more than SW2. Biggest Dec opening, #5 OW of 2015 and probably into the Top 10 OW ever in lc, need to check numbers.

• TGD: US$10.5M total.
  • Heart of the Sea: US$4.9M total.
  • HT2: US$23.9M total.
Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 2

Weekly numbers. Good albeit not out-of-this-world OW for TFA. The 4-day is in the top 10 but the 3-day languishes in the Top 20. How high can it go? Still sticking to US$30M+ total. Decent hold by TGD, the rest are buried in Tatooine sand.

clan_zpssuyh1do2.png

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 2