Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Frozen Empire spooks with $2.7M OW; Kung Fu P4nd4 reaches $22.8M, Dune 2 crosses $10M.

One month for Endgame. If runtime does comes around 3 hours I think midnights are going to be affected since this would prevent theatres from booking 3:00 AM shows like they did last year for Infinity War. And would be hard to book 4:00 AM shows. 

This is leading to either less shows or earlier shows starting since 7:00-8:00 AM. Last year most of theatres started since 9:00 AM.

Opening in the middle of holidays is definitely boosting matinees and making up for possible auditoriums getting less shows because of runtime. 

PS is going to give us a better picture but right now I think we might see our first $500M+ lc opener.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

On 3/25/2019 at 10:25 PM, Carlangonz said:

One month for Endgame. If runtime does comes around 3 hours I think midnights are going to be affected since this would prevent theatres from booking 3:00 AM shows like they did last year for Infinity War. And would be hard to book 4:00 AM shows. 

This is leading to either less shows or earlier shows starting since 7:00-8:00 AM. Last year most of theatres started since 9:00 AM.

Opening in the middle of holidays is definitely boosting matinees and making up for possible auditoriums getting less shows because of runtime. 

PS is going to give us a better picture but right now I think we might see our first $500M+ lc opener.

in usd what ow will be ?

9 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Well.. in this case is really optimistic :hahaha:

Nah, it opens on holidays and with more expensive tickets than last year -they increased 5%-10% on December- so it's not difficult. Really optimistic is $520M+ and I think that could happen too, but I'll wait PS to start to see if it's a long-shot or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Massive $7.2M opening for Dumbo!

CM crossed 600M lc, $31.5M total.

March ending on a high note! Easily about 25-30% over last year's March.

Good number for Dumbo, considering how weak the marketing was the last weeks previous to release it's very nice.

Carol about to pass Arthur. About to be done but it's truly an astonishing performance.

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

From Screendaily: Dumbo65% market share, third highest Disney live-action debut of all-time

It'll be fifth by mid-July. If they (Disney) don't drop the ball on it like they did for this one's marketing, I think Aladdin could easily outgross this, social media activity after second trailer went to sky.

Curious to see if Maleficent 2 can continue the good numbers or fail like Alice 2.

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Massive $7.2M opening for Dumbo!

CM crossed 600M lc, $31.5M total.

Great opening for Dumbo! It's unfortunate that the reception in the US isn't on par 😕 

Looking at CM, I wonder if Endgame can double that amount. I feel like the hype says yes, but I'm not well versed on the Mexican market.